Mail Innovations Bridgeport NJ

I have three item that seem to be languishing in Bridgeport NJ at mail innovations.  Charging cables I ordered 6/9, a braclet I ordered 6/23 and the PLW TSV leggings I ordered 6/16....so it has been from two weeks to a month and no delivery.

What am I to do?  The tracking is not helpful as nothing changes, the estimated delivery date is not updated (for the cables it is 6/23).

I can be understanding of situations but I think QVC should communicate with the customer and be reasonable about delivery times, then we can decide if we want to purchase.

I feel that Mail Innovations in Bridgeport NJ has serious problems  and QVC has a responsibility to use a better shipping process.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mail Innovations Bridgeport NJ

BULK mail centers are ALWAYS slow - no matter what is going on with the "outside" world USPS bulk sort centers are overwhelmed, understaffed, and ancient!

Please be patient, things aren't going to change anytime soon.

Trusted Contributor

@gam15 wrote:

I have three item that seem to be languishing in Bridgeport NJ at mail innovations.  Charging cables I ordered 6/9, a braclet I ordered 6/23 and the PLW TSV leggings I ordered 6/16....so it has been from two weeks to a month and no delivery.

What am I to do?  The tracking is not helpful as nothing changes, the estimated delivery date is not updated (for the cables it is 6/23).

I can be understanding of situations but I think QVC should communicate with the customer and be reasonable about delivery times, then we can decide if we want to purchase.

I feel that Mail Innovations in Bridgeport NJ has serious problems  and QVC has a responsibility to use a better shipping process.

I have the same problem with my laurie felt tsv. Stuck in fontana, ca since 7/4 no updates. I did a live chat and was told if doesn't arrive by its due date 7/11 call and they will refund me. Problem is i really want the blouse. I think qvc needs to just use usps. The mail innovations using ups then usps, isn't working.

Honored Contributor

I think a lot depends on the area and what's going on there at the time.  Right now there are different places that have a lot fewer employees to keep things going on time.  And many more time consuming procedures to go through.  Other areas may not have all of those same problems.

And even before this pandemic, some UPS/Mail Innovations/USPS pick ups and deliveries sat for days and weeks, while others moved right along like they should.

And honestly, I think it also depends on what you're ordering and what warehouse it's coming from as to whether you get prompt delivery or wait for weeks.

Honored Contributor

This mail processing facility is a bottleneck, along with a number of others, but there isn't a darn thing QVC can do about it.  There's also nothing they can predict and warn customers about.  It's a sign of the times and just demonstrates what a poor state our transportation system is in.  Perhaps we should be contacting our Congressional representatives?  Nothing in this country is working as it should except that the electricity is still on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I believe they recently started using whatever this is called Mail Innovations.  They used to ship by UPS Surepost which starts out with UPS and then they hand it over to USPS for delivery.  Now with this Mail Innovations it takes a ridiculously long time to receive packages.  The way they get routed makes absolutely no sense; it can be within a few miles of you and they ship it off hundred of miles away to a Mail Innovations sorting facility where it sits for days with no movement. Then, if you're lucky they send it back to another Mail Innovations facility, hopefully closer to its final destination, to be handed of to USPS. Then USPS will indicate that it has been received but Acceptance is Pending which means another number of days that it will sit before they accept the package and deliver it to you.  The Post Office told me that when it indicates that Acceptance is Pending it means that they have actually not even received it yet but have been notified it is coming????? Mail Innovations is the worst way of shipping (probably the cheapest) and it takes forever to receive your items.  QVC needs to stop shipping this way, takes way too long and easy for things to be lost. Everyone is complaining about it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm also not a fan of Mail Innovations.  I have an item that was shipped on 7/3 and has only today made it out of NJ to Conn, apparently finally on its way to the USPS system somewhere.  It sat in the NJ facility (or whatever they are) for the entire time.

Whoever came up with this way of shipping may have thought it was a good idea, but it certainly isn't from the customer's point of view.  It just creates bottlenecks.

However, I am resigned to the fact that nothing we say will change anything.

Trusted Contributor

I am waiting for several items to be delivered.  One was 3 miles from me in Rehoboth, DE, and somehow ended up in NY on the same (!) day.  These items were ordered end of June.  No tracking updates for several days.  

Even an item that was "rushed" to me for delivery today did not show up.  I get that we were in the middle of the tropical storm Fay, so I'm trying to be patient.

Quite honestly, if I don't receive them tomorrow, Monday I am calling the credit card company Q uses to ask for refunds.  This is way past insane.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

This mail processing facility is a bottleneck, along with a number of others, but there isn't a darn thing QVC can do about it.  There's also nothing they can predict and warn customers about.  It's a sign of the times and just demonstrates what a poor state our transportation system is in.  Perhaps we should be contacting our Congressional representatives?  Nothing in this country is working as it should except that the electricity is still on.

@Kachina624  Everything you say is true EXCEPT that there's nothing Q can do about it... What they can do is to stop cutting corners by using this clearly sub-par delivery service. There must be some rhyme or reason behind Mail Innovations methodology but to customers, it makes no logical sense. All we see is that it takes way too long to receive orders. If Qurate needs to cut corners to stay viable, maybe they should start by trimming executive perks and compensation.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb    ....And those overly generous host salaries?  Agreed.  It is strange that no other retailer seems to have their packages in a huge pile in the back room of the nation's post offices.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment