New Contributor

Magically website works. After free shipping done

Have been trying to order for hours. Literally just for fun tried 1 minute after midnight and free shipping over and magically it worked. Horrible service/technology QVC
Trusted Contributor

Re: Magically website works. After free shipping done

Are you serious???? They at least could have waited a little longer to (ahem) get this issue fix ed! Obvious, much! Sorry on-line shoppers😣
Trusted Contributor

That should be "Obvious, much???"
Honored Contributor

Are you seriously suggesting it was planned?

Esteemed Contributor

Um...not really, @310KAA .

I'm still having an awful time trying to do simple, routine stuff here.

Respected Contributor

Starting to think that a lot of shoppers waited until the last minute to make their purchases and this caused the website to overload. I remember the same thing happening on other sites during black Friday. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I said on another thread that it would suddenly be "fixed" at midnight.

@GAQShopr53  - And, no, we didn't all wait till the last minute.  This is being discussed on other threads and this issue has been going on for hours.  Since early afternoon for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954- No, we're seriously suggesting that QVC's system is outdated and unable to handle the load, when an event like this is offered.  And it's been like this for years.  There's no excuse for a company this large not to have taken steps to upgrade its servers by now.  AND get some I.T. staff who can handle the upgrade.

Stop blaming the customers!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

I said on another thread that it would suddenly be "fixed" at midnight.

@GAQShopr53  - And, no, we didn't all wait till the last minute.  This is being discussed on other threads and this issue has been going on for hours.  Since early afternoon for me.

@Venezia just making a statement that some may have waited until the last minute to make their purchases. I have done it in the past and by no means was it something to take personally.

Just saying those last minute purchase may have caused the website to go down. I saw it with Shop LC the last couple of days due to the increased orders being placed during the clearance event.

SN: The website problem is not totally fixed...still can't browse certain items.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954- No, we're seriously suggesting that QVC's system is outdated and unable to handle the load, when an event like this is offered.  And it's been like this for years.  There's no excuse for a company this large not to have taken steps to upgrade its servers by now.  AND get some I.T. staff who can handle the upgrade.

Stop blaming the customers!

Wow.  You seem very angry.