Honored Contributor

Re: MODS please confirm what I was told while trying to order the Josie Maran TSV

[ Edited ]

I don't understand this. I am in California and ordered the TSV and got no such warning when checking out online.  @Beth-QVC or other mods, could you please clarify if there is indeed a Prop 65 warning on this TSV? Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: MODS please confirm what I was told while trying to order the Josie Maran TSV

@GraceLady wrote:

@dex wrote:

I wonder why California is the only state to protect its residents from these cancer causing chemicals.

I think you need to consider the source.  California bans/tries to ban everything.  It becomes more and more difficult to live here.  I appreciate some things to be sure.  They just go way too far.  It is not just Prop. 65, it goes beyond. 

I don't trust CA to be THE expert on the subject on what causes cancer or not. I certainly hope other states don't follow suit.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

California has ridiculous laws!  Glad I do not live there and I decide what I want and do not want to buy

@SeaMaiden 

I love my state but that's besides the point. I don't quite understand how banning a product that can cause cancer is considered ridiculous. 

@icezeus   Warn me...but do not stop me from having a choice. 

Respected Contributor

Let's see now.  California is telling you what you can and cannot put on your skin?

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

I don't understand this. I am in California and ordered the TSV and got no such warning when checking out online.  @Beth-QVC or other mods, could you please clarify if there is indeed a Prop 65 warning on this TSV? Thank you!

@Serendipity 

I read your response and became annoyed. Do we have a warning or not. I called customer service and gave the representative my spiel, using you as a fellow Californian as an example. The system did not stop the order from going through. I placed the order but I asked for an explanation. The rep said it could have been one or two things. Either, she (the rep from last night) notated my account, customer service did some sort of investigation  and discovered that the Prop 65 warning did not apply to this product or there was a glitch with the representatives system that placed that warning in error. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Serendipity 

I read your response and became annoyed. Do we have a warning or not. I called customer service and gave the representative my spiel, using you as a fellow Californian as an example. The system did not stop the order from going through. I placed the order but I asked for an explanation. The rep said it could have been one or two things. Either, she (the rep from last night) notated my account, customer service did some sort of investigation  and discovered that the Prop 65 warning did not apply to this product or there was a glitch with the representatives system that placed that warning in error. 

@icezeus Indeed. I would like to know. And I would like to know the standard practice. My guess is that it was a glitch. But who knows. Maybe it's just the new box/packaging? But you would think that someone could answer the following: 1) Is there a warning on this TSV or not? and 2) Is it standard practice to alert the purchaser upon online or phone ordering checkout? In this way, no alert = no warning and one doesn't need to be concerned.

ETA: Just received confirmation that when one purchases online you should receive a script notice regarding the Prop 65 warning before hitting submit on online orders. So @icezeus, since I didn't receive that notice, I am led to believe there is no warning. Hope that helps! I'm keeping my orders -- but will double-check upon receipt.