Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: MODS please confirm what I was told while trying to order the Josie Maran TSV

I wonder why California is the only state to protect its residents from these cancer causing chemicals.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MODS please confirm what I was told while trying to order the Josie Maran TSV

@Anonymous032819 

Thank you for the link. I plan on reading up more on this sometime this weekend. I had a vague knowledge of prop 65, but assumed it was for containers as well, and this is going to sound horrible but my way of was thinking were items that were made in China.

I am guilty of being a lazy consumer and I need to take my head out of the sand and do my reading. 

I was trying to remember when was the last time that I actually purchase JM products. Although,  I enjoy her body butters and had quite the beauty stash there was no need to purchase any Body butters for awhile. My last purchase was perhaps two or more years ago. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus 

@icezeus wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

Thank you for the link. I plan on reading up more on this sometime this weekend. I had a vague knowledge of prop 65, but assumed it was for containers as well, and this is going to sound horrible but my way of was thinking were items that were made in China.

I am guilty of being a lazy consumer and I need to take my head out of the sand and do my reading. 

I was trying to remember when was the last time that I actually purchase JM products. Although,  I enjoy her body butters and had quite the beauty stash there was no need to purchase any Body butters for awhile. My last purchase was perhaps two or more years ago. 

@Looks to me like you don’t have to worry too much about bad products as your state is monitoring for you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had the same thing happen with a pair of Isaac's jeans. They said they had to have a warning label on them before they could ship . I said slap one on and send them out. A few days later they shipped so I guess they found those warning labels.

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus - One other thing to consider: If Josie's company has not filed the correct paperwork for the product to comply with Prop 65 requirements, they cannot ship to California until they do, regardless of whether the ingredients actually fit the categories specified by Prop 65. This has been an ongoing problem for online retailers following updates to the Prop 65 regulations last year, and QVC in particular has not done a great job of requiring its vendors to complete their paperwork. (You'll find several threads on this subject if you search the Customer Care and Q Talk forum archives.)

Super Contributor

@dex wrote:

I wonder why California is the only state to protect its residents from these cancer causing chemicals.

I think you need to consider the source.  California bans/tries to ban everything.  It becomes more and more difficult to live here.  I appreciate some things to be sure.  They just go way too far.  It is not just Prop. 65, it goes beyond. 

Honored Contributor

California has ridiculous laws!  Glad I do not live there and I decide what I want and do not want to buy

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

California has ridiculous laws!  Glad I do not live there and I decide what I want and do not want to buy

@SeaMaiden 

I love my state but that's besides the point. I don't quite understand how banning a product that can cause cancer is considered ridiculous. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

I love my state but that's besides the point. I don't quite understand how banning a product that can cause cancer is considered ridiculous. 

@icezeus 

it becomes ridiculous when you see signs up in laundry rooms, restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, and more with the prop warning. and you know why it is there? so that they cannot get sued probably. can they always tell you what it is that is there that MAY specifically cause cancer? rarely.......

pretty much ALL of the state california should come with a prop65 warning. Smiley Wink

"Proposition 65 requires businesses to provide warnings to Californians about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. These chemicals can be in the products that Californians purchase, in their homes or workplaces, or that are released into the environment."

https://www.optimum7.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/proposition-65-disney-1014x487.png

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Spare me......I do suffer from many QVC items that go to California because I live here but I have been buying Jose Maran's body butters for oh so many years.  Even bought today's special value.  Who came up with this idea is nuts.....the problem ordering is with QVC's automation.  I tried one night to order and couldn't get my order through because they didn't recognize me - WHAT - I am from CVN days so don't give me that garbage.