Esteemed Contributor

MODS please confirm what I was told while trying to order the Josie Maran TSV

[ Edited ]

I just received a shock. I was trying to place an order through the automatic ordering system, and my pin was not being accepted. I held online for an operator who took my order but then was unable to complete the transaction due to the fact that  their is an ingredient in the body butter that may cause cancer. QVC is unable to ship this product to California. I have purchased many of JM's products and never had a problem, and I have always assumed perhaps incorrectly that JM's products were natural. 

If true shame on Josie and QVC. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: MODS please confirm what I was told while trying to order the Josie Maran TSV

@icezeus Maybe it is the plastic container that is no longer safe.

Trusted Contributor

Re: MODS please confirm what I was told while trying to order the Josie Maran TSV

@icezeus wrote:

I just received a shock. I was trying to place an order through the automatic ordering system, and my pin was not being accepted. I held online for an operator who took my order but then was unable to complete the transaction due to the fact that  their is an ingredient in the body butter that may cause cancer. QVC is unable to ship this product to California. I have purchased many of JM's products and never had a problem, and I have always assumed perhaps incorrectly that JM's products were natural. 

If true shame on Josie and QVC. 

@icezeus  Natural ingredients in foods, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals means nothing. Beware foods that say natural flavorings. They can contain MSG, aluminum, anything.  Only trust the companies that list all ingredients and don’t use such terms. Even some of those companies products contain harmful ingredients, but at least they list them individually.  It’s sad, but if you really want to keep healthy these days you have to google questionable ingredients in all of the products you choose to buy. Even the drugs you are prescribed. Our FDA allows anything and everything in our foods, cosmetics, and drugs these days. It’s all about the money not our health. Good grief, you should read the ingredients in the food products here on QVC. Really bad stuff in many of their products. 

Trusted Contributor

@dex wrote:

@dex @icezeus  No, it’s some of the ingredients. The only thing she sells that doesn’t have harmful ingredients is the pure 100% Argan oil.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are complying with the Prop.65 that was passed in the mid 1980's here in California.

If you go to www dot    p65    warnings dot ca dot gov

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ketra wrote:

@dex wrote:

@dex @icezeus  No, it’s some of the ingredients. The only thing she sells that doesn’t have harmful ingredients is the pure 100% Argan oil.

Actually, @dex  is right.

In order to get the Prop 65 warning label, the product OR the container that the product is in must contain one or more of over 900 cancer causing chemicals, even if that amount falls well within safety levels.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

wow we need to know more about this! I use her body butter daily.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

What gives??? I use her stuff.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@dex wrote:

Actually, @dex  is right.

In order to get the Prop 65 warning label, the product OR the container that the product is in must contain one or more of over 900 cancer causing chemicals, even if that amount falls well within safety levels.

@Anonymous032819  @icezeus Actually we are both right. Europe won’t allow most of the ingredients that we allow in cosmetics and skincare. The latest:

“ U.S. law does not require cosmetic products and ingredients, other than color additives, to have FDA approval before they go on the market, but there are laws and regulations that apply to cosmetics on the market in interstate commerce. ... In the United States, federal laws are enacted by Congress.”

Ingredients In Josie Maran’s Body Butter listed in item nr. A240186 Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyl Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysorbate-60 are not natural ingredients as much as Josie like you to believe they are.

Honored Contributor

@Ketra 

WOW...thank you for the links!

I have been looking at TITANIUM DIOXIDE (I’m removing it wherever possible) and I’m shocked too.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~