Honored Contributor

@MOD or anyone else: signing up for Vendor Appearance Notice

[ Edited ]

HOW do I do this?

I went to the section under My Account, entered the vendor but then it asks for the Specific Day and it lists holidays and your birthday...

I want it EVERY time they come on air, NOT once a year. No matter what I do, it won't allow SUBMIT until you pick a day. I tried entering a holiday that is coming up months ago to see if JAI and DR. GROSS would trigger an alert. NOTHING, so I missed them both plus some one-time deals.

Can someone help me with this? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: @MOD or anyone else: signing up for Vendor Appearance Notice

@SahmIam

Did you go to Communication Preferences and under that to Reminders?

QVC Customer Care

@SahmIam wrote:

HOW do I do this?

I went to the section under My Account, entered the vendor but then it asks for the Specific Day and it lists holidays and your birthday...

I want it EVERY time they come on air, NOT once a year. No matter what I do, it won't allow SUBMIT until you pick a day. I tried entering a holiday that is coming up months ago to see if JAI and DR. GROSS would trigger an alert. NOTHING, so I missed them both plus some one-time deals.

Can someone help me with this? TIA

Hi @SahmIam have you used our Program Guide Reminders? Here you set a reminder on the specific shows you want to see. ~Kim

reminders.PNG

Honored Contributor

@Kim-QVC

Thank you for the image. I didn’t know this function existed. 

Honored Contributor

@Kim-QVC  Unless I'm reading it wrong, that won't help me either as I want to be alerted for future shows from today. If the vendor wasn't on today, there's no way I can bring up their schedule for the future. Does that makes sense?

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123  That's where the section for reminders is located that I can't get to work.....

QVC Customer Care

@SahmIam wrote:

@Kim-QVC  Unless I'm reading it wrong, that won't help me either as I want to be alerted for future shows from today. If the vendor wasn't on today, there's no way I can bring up their schedule for the future. Does that makes sense?

Yes, it does and I am understanding that you would like a "Vendor" reminder or an email alert as to when they are scheduled for an appearance. Due to the nature of schedules and how they are subject to change for unseen reasons and the many various vendors, it would be difficult to relay all their individual scheduling. The best option I can suggest is to rely on the favorite vendors that you are interest in, they like to communicate with our customers on Social Media and typically share they scheduled appearances, such as on Facebook or Twitter, they may even have mailing/emailing distribution lists or newsletters. But please keep our Program Guide information in mind and maybe set reminders each month for your favorites. I will submit feedback for this idea to our scheduling teams. ~Kim

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kim-QVC  The ability to do this must have changed because I get prior notices for Mally, Bobbi Brown and Or Paz a week in advance, a day in advance as well as an apology when their show time schedules/changes. Since the QVC Show guide is printed up a month in advance, there's no reason why one can't ask for a reminder a week.... a DAY in advance of them being on air.

Something doesn't sound right.

Edited to add:  Your last statement "To set reminders for each month" is what I'm trying to do but can't.

Here are the two vendors I want to set reminders for: JAI and Dr. Dennis Gross. How do I do this?

BTW: HSN has an option when you look at a vendors product to receive notification whenever this vendor is on...just click here. Easy Peasy. Why can't QVC do this instead of making it so freaking difficult?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam,  I set reminders for all shows in the future, but it takes a couple of steps.    First, I do what @Kim-QVC explained -- go to the program guide, locate a listing for that vendor/show, and create a reminder for the listed upcoming shows.  Be sure to save, and I believe it also then takes you to another screen to save/submit.

Next, go into "My Account" and look on the left side of the screen at all the choices.  Select "Reminders."   

You'll see a listing of all your choices.   It's important that you select one that has a future show listing in the "Reminder Date" column -- some of the options won't work if you select a show with a past date. 

Click on the words (in red) "Edit Reminder" to the immediate right of the show name.   You'll see a pop-up screen which allows you to customize your choice.   

The option called "Repeat Reminder:" has 2 choices, "This Show Only" or "All Shows" -- you want to select "All Shows" (it means "All Future Shows") and then be sure to click/tap "Save Reminder."   

I select "All Shows," and I do receive email alerts in advance for them all.   Let me know if I didn't explain this well, and I'll get some screen shots later with my iPad and add them here.   I hope this helps -- I know it can be frustrating trying to navigate the site.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova