Trusted Contributor

MOD: CSR unwilling to make a $40 adjustment for discounted item

The Dansko shoes that you shipped to me on 09/13/17 went on clearance for $57. I paid $94 for them. The phone representative was only willing to give my first easy payment as a credit. When I asked why the entire $40 wasn't credited to the item, she "didn't understand" but she would "send my request on for approval", but she "highly doubted" the entire $40 would be honored.

Huh?

It is not rocket science. Can a Mod please look into this and verify the account is credited promptly? Of course I know the remaining easy pay amounts will change to reflect the discounted price. I just want verification from a knowledgeable source. The CSR couldn't seem to understand the thought process.

Thanks for your assistance,

dee

QVC Customer Care

Re: MOD: CSR unwilling to make a $40 adjustment for discounted item

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

The Dansko shoes that you shipped to me on 09/13/17 went on clearance for $57. I paid $94 for them. The phone representative was only willing to give my first easy payment as a credit. When I asked why the entire $40 wasn't credited to the item, she "didn't understand" but she would "send my request on for approval", but she "highly doubted" the entire $40 would be honored.

Huh?

It is not rocket science. Can a Mod please look into this and verify the account is credited promptly? Of course I know the remaining easy pay amounts will change to reflect the discounted price. I just want verification from a knowledgeable source. The CSR couldn't seem to understand the thought process.

Thanks for your assistance,

dee

Hi @deedledeedeedle

I am very sorry you had this experience.  I have taken a look at your order and will email the correct information.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention so the we can assist you!

Barb

Customer Care

Respected Contributor

I think rather than deal with someone in CS, who may or may not know how this should be handled, I would just return the shoes and reorder, assuming your size and style are still available.  If not, I guess you should take the adjustment they offered.

Respected Contributor

It was my understanding that QVC doesn't give refunds for price adjustments.  I know that HSN does and I always watch out for the price drops, but I didn't think it was QVC's policy to do that.  Maybe I'm completely wrong.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

It was my understanding that QVC doesn't give refunds for price adjustments.  I know that HSN does and I always watch out for the price drops, but I didn't think it was QVC's policy to do that.  Maybe I'm completely wrong.

@santorini

i have never had problems getting a refund to my original method of payment (you can also get a qvc credit if you prefer.). the price change/refund has to be within 30 days of when  you receive the item.  all of my payments stay the same if my item was ordered with flex pay. i get a refund to my card for the full amount of the difference.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Good to know, Sunshine45.  Thank you for letting me know this.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@santorini wrote:

@santorini

i have never had problems getting a refund to my original method of payment (you can also get a qvc credit if you prefer.). the price change/refund has to be within 30 days of when  you receive the item.  all of my payments stay the same if my item was ordered with flex pay. i get a refund to my card for the full amount of the difference.

@santorini  My understanding has been that the adjustment has to be made within 30 days after you order the item, not receive the item as with returns.   Also, QVC does not refund your sales tax to you, which I don't understand at all since that's based upon the price of the product.  So if the product price  is reduced, the sales tax should be also.

@Perkup  I didn't look at that particular item number, but most shoes cost $5.00 to ship.  If QVC's practice is to make the price adjustments, which it is, why should the OP lose $5.00 plus return postage costs (which would be a lot if she used the Q return label) to return them and reorder at the lower price?  That doesn't make sense to me.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

from my experience, i have never had a problem getting a price adjustment within 30 days of the time i receive the item. if i order something on the 1st, receive it on the 10th, price goes down the following month on the 9th, call for a price adjustment and the difference in price is credited back to my method of payment.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45  You fared well then.  I did have a CS refuse to give it to me from date of receipt, telling me the policy was as I stated above.   Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine45  You fared well then.  I did have a CS refuse to give it to me from date of receipt, telling me the policy was as I stated above.   Smiley Sad

@Pearlee

i also count the 30 day return policy from the time i actually receive the item.