Contributor

MAJOR TECH ISSUES 8/3! MY ACCOUNT LOCKED FOR SECURITY? ANY IDEAS?

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone had difficulties to the degree of account showing up as LOCKED FOR SECURITY REASONS- PLEASE CALL THIS NUMBER on Thursday 8/3....? I have been with QVC since they were CVN and NEVER had such happen! My concern is if QVC or my laptop were compromised and no idea how to find out! I made sure the number on the message WAS INDEED QVC and best I could find out it really was them.The rep said that there was no reason shown for my account to have been closed that way and merely reset my password and then when I logged into my Q account and tried to place an order my credit card information was missing!!!This made me REALLY nervous... I had to re-enter it to order and that left me with a suspicious feeling of have I been hacked or has QVC?? It also said when I tried to place the order that I could not due to QVC EXPERIENCING TECHINICAL DIFFICULITES AND TRY AGAIN LATER. ... Yet, when I went back to orders, there it was and placed.

So far all banking is fine for card on account, and no problems on my end, so I assume I am not hacked, but this makes me uneasy. ESPECIALLY that QVC can show NO REASON for doing it and must have had a major glitch, or could a glitch have even REALLY done that? No one at QVC offered me any reason or offered anything at all, actually. They said that if it had been for security purposes, as the message stated on screen to me, that their fraud dept. would have been involved and a message would be there for them to see when they got my call....They had NO message at all that my account was locked....VERY STRANGE....Anyone ever have such a thing occur and have any ideas on what happened earlier today or what more I should do to ensure safe ordering? Sorry for the long post and THANK YOU for any assistance, information or ideas.  I HOPE YOUR DAY IS GREATLY BLESSED! Smiley Happy

QVC Customer Care

Re: MAJOR TECH ISSUES 8/3! MY ACCOUNT LOCKED FOR SECURITY? ANY IDEAS?

@Dolcezza Hi, we certainly understand your concern and wanting to know why this has happened. I would like to take a moment and speak with you. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com, I'm happy to do all I can to answer your questions and concerns. Kinski, Customer Care

Super Contributor

Let us know how it works out.   Was this an e-mail or phone message?  If it was a phone message the caller ID could have been spoofed and it could be a scam of some sort.  Phishing attempts many time mentioned the locking accounts to get people in a panic.  Since your credit card on file seems OK hopefully things are under control.  If it is indeed QVC it is good they are on top of this.

Esteemed Contributor

HOw very strange!  I hope you get a explanation that eases your concerns.