Valued Contributor

Is it true that QVC owns Lug  I just find this hard to believe  I never heard that Qvc owns companies

Honored Contributor

QVC/Excel partnership and owns Isaac Mizrahi (sold to Excel for 64 million), Halston(27.7 million), Judith Ripka ( 22.5 million)....they are not the designers...they show up to sell!  

Excel mass produces designs in China and is looking for quick turn around time.  The original designers that sold out to Excel are then the show person for the design on QVC.  You might want to research, it is really interesting.  I  would never consider that I am buying a Halston, Ripka, or Mizrahi design on QVC.

"one of Xcel Brands’ major channels is interactive TV, notably QVC. For most retailers, this is a largely untapped channel. D’Loren’s aim is to make Xcel Brands a global leader in this medium and tap into its potential to instantly reach and sell to millions of shoppers. Currently, Xcel Brands reaches 350 million households per year though its interactive TV programs."

Honored Contributor

QVC does indeed own companies.  Whether Lug is one of them I don't know but when something is on so frequently, I'd be suspicious.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It's not true.

QVC also does not own Judith Ripka or Isaac Mizrahi. They are both owned by Xcel Brands, Inc which I think also owns H by Halston.

Honored Contributor

From what the Lug vendor says she and her husband started and own the company.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

i thought that qvc owned susan graver ... is this not true too?   inquiring minds want to know 

Respected Contributor

Lug USA, LLC is owned by Amy and her husband.   And @Lipstickdiva is correct about Xcel owning Isaac, Ripka and Halston. 

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie

Look at the bottom of this page...HTH

BF2CC27B-D963-45A0-9EE3-1D8607697AA1.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Yes, Qurate is the new name for QVC, HSN, and Zulilly 

Qurate Retail Group will trade under new ticker symbols “QRTEA” and “QRTEB” on the NASDAQ and will include the businesses and assets currently attributed to QVC Group tracking stock (NASDAQ: QVCA, QVCB), including QVC, HSN (which includes Cornerstone Brands), and Zulily, which are currently wholly owned subsidiaries of Liberty Interactive, along with several smaller investment

@LTT1 wrote:

@mollymaggie

Look at the bottom of this page...HTH

BF2CC27B-D963-45A0-9EE3-1D8607697AA1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd.  Liberty Interactive no longer exists.  The name was changed to Qurate.  QVC could still own the rights to other companies such as Susan Graver, operating under the Q name.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment