Frequent Contributor

For some reason I can no longer access my account thru google. 

Any suggestions?  I cannot review my account nor place any orders.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Respected Contributor

Are you talking about your gmail account, or your QVC account?

Do you mean you cannot get to the QVC website using Google?

More info, please!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Contributor

I'm having the same problems.  Had to access this forum through Microsoft Edge.  Error message through Google is:  You don't have permission to access http://www.qvc.com/Logon" on this server

Honored Contributor

Do you mean using the Chrome browser?

I can get to QVC using Google search on the Firefox browser.

Contributor

@ValuSkr Yes, Chrome.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lost Access Thru Google

[ Edited ]

@Pawslover, @Kujo,  It sounds like you might be getting the "Access Denied" error message.   If so, here's a copy of my post from a previous thread in case it helps:

Sample error message:

"Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://www.qvc.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.55ef2e17.1564517604.347f35a0"

This kind of access problem is not related to our login credentials, so a new password won't get to the heart of the matter.

The message is generated when the company (Akamai Technologies, a part of Khoros) providing caching and content delivery services and maybe cloud services to QVC's websites is having problems "talking" to your browser, most likely because of the IP address it sees, or because of some of your browser cookies/cache/data/history, or as a result of an old browser version or even some addons/extensions.   

Things to try: 

• Clear all browser cookies/cache/website data and history, close the browser and then relaunch it. 

• Check to be sure your browser version is the most current one for your device.

• Try a different browser.

• If you're using a bookmark/favorite to access the site, instead go to your search engine (Google, Bing, etc.), find QVC's listing, and enter there.   Scroll to the bottom of the page, click/tap "Blogs & Forums," and if it works create a new bookmark/favorite and discard the old one.  This is a direct link, as an example:   https://community.qvc.com/

• If you use a VPN or proxy server, try disabling that temporarily.

• Try disabling all browser addons/extensions, and relaunch the browser.

• If the other suggestions don't help, consider resetting your router and/or resetting your browser.   (If you haven't done that before, just look online for instructions.) 

This problem can crop up with any website, so even though I think most of us have concerns about the glitchiness of QVC's site this is more of a common internet connection issue not specific to the Q.   Knowing these steps can help us with general troubleshooting with any website when using the internet.   

I hope this is helpful -- these bugs are annoying, for sure.   Good wishes to all who read and post here.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Contributor

Thanks @dooBdoo.  I'll give your suggestions a try.  Fingers crossed.

Frequent Contributor

dooBdoo

Sample error message is exactly what I have been getting for 3 weeks.  I called customer service and got 2 different people each one telling me to reset my password which I did TWICE and still nothing.

I am not tech savy so all the things to try are confusing to me. 

Appreciate your help and knowledge.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lost Access Thru Google

[ Edited ]

@Pawslover wrote:

dooBdoo

Sample error message is exactly what I have been getting for 3 weeks.  I called customer service and got 2 different people each one telling me to reset my password which I did TWICE and still nothing.

I am not tech savy so all the things to try are confusing to me. 

Appreciate your help and knowledge.

@Pawslover,  Unfortunately, QVC's Customer Service phone reps have never (in my experience) offered helpful tech support.   It's not their fault -- it's just not their training or responsibility.  

As I mentioned before this problem is not related to our login credentials, so a password change won't help.   

It's important to know how to keep all of your software current.   All of the other things listed are important to know, too, for general troubleshooting.   You'll benefit from having the basic tools in the future.   

It's hard to post details about each step because they can and will vary from one device, software, browser, to another.   

For each step, you can do an internet search for a specific device, browser, software.

For example, "how to clear cookies/cache Google Chrome browser".

Particularly with QVC's site, there's little or no tech support so we are left to do it ourselves or to ask someone who is a wee bit more tech savvy to lend a hand.  If you don't feel comfortable with this, do you have someone -- friend, family, for example -- who could assist?   

I know this is aggravating, but it's been this way as long as I've used QVC's website.  If you need more help here, please post and some of us will be here to try and assist.  Take care.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova