Occasional Contributor

Lock and Lock buyers BEWARE!!

• Lock and Lock has changed over the years and not for the better. I read where one lady said she never should have changed from Tupperware and she is correct. Fortunately I only have or had I should say only a few pieces.  There life time warrenty is bunk.  I have attached a portion only from the lock and lock warranty website.  The "lifetime waranty" is good for one year if you don't want to pay for shipping and handling. When it is presented on Q never ever is it told to the buyers that the product shouldn't be heated with the following items in it. In fact just the opposite is presented . "Heat your leftover pasta (not) Forget heating soup either or it pits the sides. Q customer service just tells you to get ahold of lock and lock because it's been over 90 days. Lock and lock tells you to get ahold of the US Lock and lock company?? What? Over it. Just BEWARE before you buy this or Temptations. Both company's misrepresent themselves and it's a crime.   
  •  

•    Microwave use - Lids should be removed before use in the microwave - Avoid closing lid straight after reheating - LocknLock is microwave safe for reheating purposes only - Do not use in conventional oven or on hot plates - Avoid reheating food high in oil, sugar, tomatoes, curries to prevent from staining and pitting
Honored Contributor

Re: Lock and Lock buyers BEWARE!!

We are customer like you, not consumer advocates.  Perhaps you should take your complaint to the Federal Trade Commission.  Most agencies have an online complaint procedure. 

I wonder how Chris Prime keeps a straight face through some of her presentations? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 @Ginger1957 I could very well be wrong but I *think* I recall a number of posts by people who got stuck with defective pieces and had the devil's own time trying, usually not successfully, to return them to the vendor, not QVC. Please correct this if I've got it wrong!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids    I've seen lots of complaints but didn't pay much attention since I only have a very few pieces.  They seem to have a limited lifespan. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The reason it tells you not to heat in the microwave with the lid on is because that seals it.  It doesn't damage the lid itself.  They ALWAYS say in the presentation that if you want to heat with the lid on to turn the lid upside down.  Tomatoes/tomato sauce will stain any plastic, including Tupperware.  I have some stained Tupperware to prove it, and the food was not heated in it.  Not using plastic in an oven or on a hot plate is just common sense.  They shouldn't even have to include that.

I have one set of the plastic L&L and never reheat any food in it.  I just don't like heating food in plastic. My other set is the glass and I do reheat food in those.  I prefer the glass L&L and I like that it is Bore Silica glass, something that Pyrex used to be but got away from when they cheapened their brand.  Still, I wouldn't take it directly from the freezer and stick it in the oven.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Ginger1957 I've always wanted to try this brand.dont think I will now

Super Contributor

I agree that I would never heat anything within the Lock n Lock pieces. I would be afraid they would melt, or maybe the food would stain the pieces. Doesn't matter what the guest or host says about that. I would use either a plate or glass bowl for heating in the microwave. I would use a pan for the oven. My Lock n Lock pieces are just for storage, which they are great for that. 

Honored Contributor

I've had some of my Lock n Lock since QVC started carrying it.  I had previously bought one tall round container from Meijers at a close out sale price.  Seemed no one knew what it was at that time and no loyalty had been built up.  Anyway, I never heat anything in the microwave in Lock n Lock. By the way, Tupperware will also blister if heated with certain foods in the microwave. The price difference keeps me with Lock n Lock, especially since Tupperware is also manufactured overseas.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The few pieces I have are cr@p, and just try to get a replacement lid....impossible, I am still waiting for a lid I ordered in 2018!

Honored Contributor

The NY Times recently did an article on kitchen storage containers. For glass containers, Pyrex Simply Store was the best; for plastic Snapware Total Solution was their choice.  Rubbermaid was also recommended.  No mention of L&L.

I have a couple of L&L pieces but equal or better quality can be found elsewhere, as is usual with most QVC items.