Contributor

Had a problem with my TSV Breezies bras when I received them today - I noticed one of the bras in the set was already ripped before I tried it on. Instead of trying it on and making it worse, I put them back in the original packaging and contacted Live Chat to make sure I was not charged a return shipping fee. 

When I was finally connected to a customer service rep, I was told he would make a 'one-time exception and waive the return fee'. Sounded very rude to me! I should not have to pay a return fee on an item that arrived damaged. I have been a loyal QVC customer for over 12 years and have only made a request like this one other time when a set of glass solar lights arrived completely shattered. They were much more helpful with that issue and didn't make it sound like the defective item was my fault. 

Customer Service is lacking nowadays. 

Honored Contributor

There is a place on the encloced invoice for marking a defective item being returned.  There is automatically no charge but the entire set has to be returned.  

Next time call 1-800-367-9444.

Contributor

I have first hand information from other shoppers that that option is not always honored. 

Honored Contributor

It has always worked for me.  

Honored Contributor

I would not describe the CSR's response as rude; it was erroneous but not rude.  Of course you are not charged return shipping on danaged merchandise whether its a one-time or ten-time occurance.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have been charged for merch that wats a defective return.I find it best to call first so they note it.

Honored Contributor

@Kiminflorida thanks...glad I could help.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had this experience not with QVC though.  Not so much rude but the CS rep sounds condesending.  Like you've made up the story and they're going to do you a favor by making this one time exception.  I find it to be very annoying.

Valued Contributor

Add me to the list that wonders why people feel the need to contact QVC about defective items!  Just follow the instructions to return it.  Then if your postage is not refunded, you will have a reason to contact them.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Agreed! I called customer service today because I had returned a defective item and asked that be replaced with a new one. An email confirmation from QVC said they would be refunding the charge because the item is out of stock. When I checked online today, the item was, in fact in stock. So I called with the simple question - The email says you're out of stock, but I'm looking online right now and it is available for purchase. Tracy wasn't happy with my question - after yelling at me and saying her screen says it's out of stock, she then called me a derogatory name and hung up on me. Wow! I immediately called back and spoke with a representative who told me that the online listings are not up to date. At least I got an answer.