Honored Contributor

Links and closing threads

[ Edited ]

I had a thread that was recently closed stating is had a link.  However, I have no idea how to create a link.  This was a picture of a sofa in a living area with a coffee table and area rug.  I was commenting on the rug being used on a slant.  How is this a link to the retailer?  Please explain because I really am confused on the matter.  Thank you.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Links and closing threads

I believe there was a link to the retailer if you clicked on the pictures you posted.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I had a thread that was recently closed stating is had a link.  However, I have no idea how to create a link.  This was a picture of a sofa in a living area with a coffee table and area rug.  I was commenting on the rug being used on a slant.  How is this a link to the retailer?  Please explain because I really am confused on the matter.  Thank you.

@Katcat1

it is possible your picture was a direct link. not sure which way you chose to post the photo?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

It was a link.  If you cut and pasted the photo, you really cut and pasted the link.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1,  As others have said, sometimes when we copy and paste an image it includes a hyperlink that allows the readers to click/tap on the image itself and be redirected to another website.   It acts exactly the same as a posted, active, "clickable" link (URL).

If it goes to a site selling merchandise, considered a retail sales site, or other locations that don't meet QVC's Community standards, it likely will be removed.

Clicking/tapping on the image after posting is is a good way to test it.   Also, once you post it if it's the original post in a thread you'll see the paperclip icon denoting that the message contains a hyperlink:

01AF92D2-EB0F-44CA-BABE-A00F5E7D2420.jpeg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  @Peaches McPhee  @sunshine45  @KingstonsMom   Thank you.  I never knew if you clicked on the photo it would produce a direct link to the retailer.  I know now.  Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Also, if you "Preview" before you post, you will be able to see the link if your photo is one.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-10_at_Wed__Oct_10__2018-3_41_58_PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif