Honored Contributor

Re: Letter from VP customer Service

Has a B&M store ever done this?

There was a time in my life I brought home several items and would return some if not all.   I never had a problem with a return.   Sometimes I would return it because the color wasn't right.    I dislike changing rooms, especially after men were allowed.   And I like to leisurely try on clothing with different underwear, shoes, etc.   Can't do that in the store.

At one time I had a very visible job and traveled often.   I was very particular about my appearance.     If a store didn't want my business because of my returns, I would never buy there again.   The items I returned were in pristine condition with all tags attached.

Esteemed Contributor

If someone abuses a company's return policy, then they deserve to have their account closed.

And yes, even brick and mortar stores keep track of chronic serial returners, and even b & m stores can, and more importantly have, banned people from any future returns.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I’m sure they’re delighted too. 

Trusted Contributor

I buy alot, & keep most of It, so, percentage wise, my returns are low, but may be higher than others who don't shop as much. Just a guess, but I think QVC must look at the whole picture. If that's the case, then I would think it must be a severe situation for them to not want to do business with someone.

Esteemed Contributor

Why would a person posts this on the boards. I would be embarrassed. I think it must have costs them more money to keep her than lose her business. I wonder how many returns are you talking about? It makes no sense but sometimes people lack common sense.

Esteemed Contributor

@Anonomys032819 You are absolutley right!!

Valued Contributor

@elated wrote:

Why would a person posts this on the boards. I would be embarrassed. I think it must have costs them more money to keep her than lose her business. I wonder how many returns are you talking about? It makes no sense but sometimes people lack common sense.

Right.  And warning letters are sent a few times before closing accounts.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Has a B&M store ever done this?

There was a time in my life I brought home several items and would return some if not all.   I never had a problem with a return.   Sometimes I would return it because the color wasn't right.    I dislike changing rooms, especially after men were allowed.   And I like to leisurely try on clothing with different underwear, shoes, etc.   Can't do that in the store.

At one time I had a very visible job and traveled often.   I was very particular about my appearance.     If a store didn't want my business because of my returns, I would never buy there again.   The items I returned were in pristine condition with all tags attached.

Yes, B&M do...or at least they did when I worked at JCP Catalog.  Serial returners were warned and banned.  Same in the store.  People would buy clothes, wear them for months and return.  Buy and try to return with higher priced labels...the list of fraud goes on and on.  Their JCP accounts could get closed also.

The store incurs high losses with these type of customers and do NOT need their business.

I would guess that QVC changed their policy to NOT refunding original s/h (unless defect) exactly because of serial returners.

Honored Contributor

Some people habitually return items - to the Q or to some B&M stores, etc.  It's a hobby for them.  It gives them something to do, I suppose.

I'm glad stores are cutting off people who do this.  It costs them money to deal with frequent returners - and they pass that cost onto all of us.

Honored Contributor

Yes - some B&M stores track returns.  Some take your driver's license or another form of ID to track them.  Some stores share a database w/other stores of frequent returners.