Respected Contributor

Kachina624 - you are one funny person, I snorted - I laughed so loud at your retort.  HAHAHAHAHAAAALARIOUS, and thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Respected Contributor

It sounds like Q is looking into the costs of returns and restocking them. I believe there was another poster who received the letter. We all know items are resold. What I think I instead of a letter to be cut off so to speak, ask why the returns? It was suggested to read reviews and if it is a Love It or Hate It  I balk at buying. Reviews a can be half say true to size and half say size up or down. At times confusing. I just laundered a pair of NYDJ Black jeans that still smell. Size is the same etc. I am going to try and deal with the odor but!!!! 

I think a survey to a customer with over 50% returns would show I interest in what is going on with customers? I do not recall this being such an issue in years past and now it is and mentioned by posters. Been shopping here for30 years Whatever are the reasons for so many returns?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Letter from QVC

[ Edited ]

IMHO,  customers get caught up in the moment and don't listen to their inner workings. The hosts are there to sell. Much of the information you need is not given. I can tell if an item is a good purchase by looking at and analyzing the product. When they start going off into story time, that is a red flag. Being totally honest is not rewarded in selling. So I say buyer beware.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not giving this thread too much trust... its a new poster. And why are you saying how much you paid out O/P? If you return that much maybe QVC is right to send you that letter?

Trusted Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

I am not giving this thread too much trust... its a new poster. And why are you saying how much you paid out O/P? If you return that much maybe QVC is right to send you that letter?

The OP has been here since 2012.   Just because she doesn't post 40 times a day doesn't mean a thing.   Besides, we were ALL "new" at one time. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Faithiegirl  I ordered three clothing items from QVC over the years. They didn't fit for various reasons.Then I stopped ordering because I realized that my body type requires me to try things on, so I decided I'm not the mail order type when it comes to clothes. It is probably a good thing to stop torturing yourself. Try something else.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Letter from QVC

[ Edited ]

@Faithiegirl  QVC loses money on returns

How much I do not know ? The web will tell you the average cost of a return. You may want to count your returns and do a little math. You are paying high shipping costs. 

The Q is doing you a favor. They don't want your business.

This maybe a reason to buy at a local store.

LOL Amazon will not treat you any better.  You probably would not get a letter. Just a locked account.

Please guard your online presence. 

Honored Contributor

Didn't we just have a thread like this in the fashion forum that got poofed?

Sorry but I'm on Q's side with this.  That's all I'll say because I know people will find every excuse under the sun not to take responsibility and blame everyone else for all the returns. 

Valued Contributor

I recently had to buy clothes in a new size. I'm trying to replace some items that unfortunately are no longer available. I did have quite a few returns because the size charts are not even close. I tried to exchange for a size that would fit & by the time my return is processed the item is not available in my size. HSN makes it really easy. You go to your order hit exchange and if it's available you can do the exchange yourself or just keep checking if it's back in stock. They ship the new size or color out & give you 15 days to get the item you're returning mailed out. It's so much easier.