Contributor

When you have a Le Creuset Dutch oven, including a TSV, please put whether it's Classic OR Signature in the title!  Don't leave that out!

Respected Contributor

They don't write understandable descriptions any more. Often, they leave out the critical word sterling from jewelry items.

Respected Contributor

Re: LeCreuset TSV

[ Edited ]

I agree.

Today's TSV ( 3/16) is the Classic Line...the OLDER line of LC.

Smaller loop handles, allegedly less durable interior enamel BUT that opinion is not widely held. Also..the lid design is a little different....it's a little LOOSER than the Signature Line ( you could clearly hear that in Nate's demo last night when he wiggled the lid after he put it on the pot...)

That being said...it IS a nice pot in size and quantity, and really, if you are careful with your expensive cookware, ( not ridiculous careful, but treat it like you want it to last)...it will probably last a lifetime....

There are a few  You Tube videos on the differences between Classic vs Signature Line of LC...easy to find..

This is still a nice pot. I have both varieties and I find they ALL cook as well as the other!

Thankfully THIS pot has the correct cast iron lid, rather than that cheap glass VENTED lids they are going to now.....that glass lid totally negates the purpose of the dutch oven because the moisture is supposed to stay INSIDE the pot when cooking!!

That glass lid is a infomercial gimmick lid. A cast iron lid DOES add to the cost of the pot though..

Enjoy if you buy!!! It's a great deal for the colors offered...but it's too bad no free shipping.

There is another large cookware vendor out there with this SAME size piece,  in the newer Signature line,same price, free shipping,  but no easy pay or quite the same color range as QVC...

Enjoy if you get it..I LOVE my Le Creuset...ALL of it!!!

Honored Contributor

I have both classic and signature and honestly I don't know which is which. 

Contributor

Othereeen, well said.  I have that issue with the loose lid on a previous TSV.  I would like the larger handles too and the upgraded enamel interior. I believe they are leaving out the word "Classic" on purpose. I would like to get another, who is the other large vendor cookware vendor? 😊 Thank you Othereeen. 

Trusted Contributor

@Karjoh   It may be Sur la table.  Was looking there earlier.  I missed out on the yellow from QVC.  That color sold out already. 

Contributor

Thank you CoffeeNut

Respected Contributor

Re: LeCreuset TSV

[ Edited ]

@Karjoh 

Willaims-Sonoma, Le Creuset.com, ...they all have them on and off at differing prices and offers....

I find it best to just put the name of the item in your search bar and it'll pull up all the vendors...the prices and offers can change daily!!!

I LOVE the new "bread oven" from le Creuset...I wish QVC would offer some of the NEW stuff once in a while instead of the dated stuff....

I THINK they don't put the word "Classic" in the description because the KNOB on this offer is the higher temp knob than originally offered on the Classic line...this one is good to 500 degrees and the original on the Classics was good to 350.

Maybe by putting that different knob on it, they can NOT name it Classic. But it is. The POT, with the handle size and interior enamel type are what makes it different from the Signature line.

No matter what...STILL a great offer for great cookware ( QVC's offer)....Enjoy it you buy it!!

PS: "Cool Mint' may be "exclusive" to  QVC... but there's PLENTY of it on E-bay...it is NOT a "new color" by any means. That's one thing I don't like about a lot of things offered in many different colors...the vendors are ALWAYS changing availability of the colors...so it's hard to create a collection of one color!!

No prob. for me...I LIKE color and I LIKE having different colors for different days and moods!!!

Check out the Le Creuset Bread Oven($290.00)...I think it's going to be very popular..it's already on sold listings on E-bay for hundreds more than the stores offer, and it's only been out about two weeks!!! Le Creuset has the best color selection on it at this time!!!

I really don't get that!!!!