Super Contributor

While QVC has never had an official cancellation policy, usually an item that was ordered within a short time (hours) could be cancelled as long as it did not go "in process".

The problem now is that QVC immediately puts your item "in process" even though often there are huge shipping delays (or you don't even end up getting your item). To me this is wrong.

I wonder if this is something they updated their system to do to keep more sales and stop people from cancelling.

Valued Contributor

That has happened to me on one or two occasions.  This is what I did:  when the package arrived either via the post office or UPS, I didn't accept it. They put it back on the truck and returned it to QVC and I didn't have to pay for a return.  You can always try that.  In the event you are not home when it arrives, don't open it but either give it to your postal work or take it to the post office.  If it arrives via UPS, you can call them and ask them to pick it up. Good luck.    docsgirl

Respected Contributor

I haven't been able to cancel an item after ordering, even if I changed my mind 5 minutes later.  I'm told, " it's too far along in processing."  Huh?  What?  I just ordered it 5 minutes ago?!  Last year I ordered the Jockey Bra TSV.  Ordered 2 sets of 2.  One came, they other kept getting delayed....many emails about problems, etc.  After more than a month I called CS and I guess agreed with me, it's not coming and said they would cancel the second set.  Yes, cancel the second set.  Imagine my surprise when about a week later, the second set came in the mail.  Go figure.

Respected Contributor

This is the most annoying and maddening thing besides their slow shipping. It was not always this way. There is no way things go straight into process of shipping when nothing ships right out. It's one of the many things that makes me shop Qvc less than I ever I did before. What if we get further info about the size of something or prefer a different color? You know they're always pounding it in us that you'd better grab things before they sell out. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

This is the most annoying and maddening thing besides their slow shipping. It was not always this way. There is no way things go straight into process of shipping when nothing ships right out. It's one of the many things that makes me shop Qvc less than I ever I did before. What if we get further info about the size of something or prefer a different color? You know they're always pounding it in us that you'd better grab things before they sell out. 

Agreed. You could go on line and there was the option to "cancel order" for several hours (or until the item was really processed).