Valued Contributor

LOCK AND LOCK TSV ALL OF A SUDDEN ON ADVANCE ORDER!!!!??? come on qvc

I ordered these yesterday when there was 10,000 left for the canister.  This morning I woke up to ADVANCE ORDER. Come on qvc, that is false advertising by David Venable and the powers that be. This happens way to often.  QVC should be sued and reported to the proper agencies for false advertising If qvc with the technology we have today can't be precise in the amount they have on hand, they should be abolished!  David kept saying we have 10,000 left in the canister. Called CS and they are clueless and said I should get it 'SOMETIME BY XMAS"  

Honored Contributor

Re: LOCK AND LOCK TSV ALL OF A SUDDEN ON ADVANCE ORDER!!!!??? come on qvc

I wonder if while QVC is clearing out their current warehouse in preparation for their move to the new huge warehouse, they may be having some vendors ship orders themselves?

It doesn't make sense to me that they would bring in a lot of merchandise to a warehouse that they're trying to clear out and move.

Just my thoughts.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

They've been a Today's Special Value since Sunday, when I ordered both of them.  Then Wednesday morning, Pacific Time, there was a Lock&Lock show at midnight and it was repeated 2 more times, so 3 hours of the same show.  Then there was a show at 6 AM also and after that, the normal 5 PM (Pacific Time) show.  4 days of the same Today's Special could sell out I'd think.

Respected Contributor

@tropics21 

LOL.  Did they mean Christmas 2019 or Christmas 2020???

Esteemed Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

I ordered these yesterday when there was 10,000 left for the canister.  This morning I woke up to ADVANCE ORDER. Come on qvc, that is false advertising by David Venable and the powers that be. This happens way to often.  QVC should be sued and reported to the proper agencies for false advertising If qvc with the technology we have today can't be precise in the amount they have on hand, they should be abolished!  David kept saying we have 10,000 left in the canister. Called CS and they are clueless and said I should get it 'SOMETIME BY XMAS"  

@tropics21, why are you waiting for someone else to sue and report to "the proper agencies"?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

i swear during david's show, they said that there were no advanced order and no wait list.

perhaps, this is a glitch in their system or maybe they did not actually receive all of the quantity that they ordered and are expecting the remainder of the shipment in a few weeks. for your sake, i hope so and that you receive the order long before christmas. who knows.

it's not like there is any communication from the company about what is really going on. i suspect that you would not be as angry, if you received an email saying 'we messed up'. all of the qty that we ordered was not delivered as expected. the remainder is expected on ____ and shortly after that, your order will be shipped.

as my grandmother taught me, sometimes, all it takes is a little bit of graciousness to manage a situation.  she didn't use the phrase 'humble pie', but that is what she meant.

while i understand you being beyond ******, i'm not sure what one could sue for in this case.

Super Contributor

If you check your order status today it probably says in process.  Mine said advanced order yesterday too. Today it says it's in process with a EDD of Nov. 15.

Valued Contributor

Waiting for you to do it, 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

bad business practices is a reason to sue, it is done everyday, knowingly and willingly providing misinformation

Valued Contributor

sorry, that is no reason for qvc or them instructing david venable that there are 10000 left at 8 p.m eastern standard time on wednesday. If it were a 1000, perhaps but not 10,000.  Poor business practices, and knowingly and willingingly lying to the public to sell an item.  There are laws against this and qvc does it all the time. If you read the boards you would understand that the word "backorder" and advance order, is used way way too often in the past year.  In a world of technology and personnel counting down sales, THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN, 10,000 LEFT and one gets an email hours later stating differently> Nope, nada, sorry but no cigar