Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I ordered the tv with item number E231559 ($1499.96).

However i noticed there is another TV that looks identical to the one i
ordered, but is more expensive, it has item number E292271 ($2299.99).

My question is what is the difference between the two? I noticed that
under the description of both TVs, both are listed as LG OLED55B7A.

I just want to be exactly sure of what i ordered. I also noticed that upon
clicking on Specs under the description of the TV i ordered it shows a document with the LG OLED55B7A listed on it, which is the
2017 model that is currently more expensive on your site.

I did asked them about it and they told me this:

In regard to your inquiry, the difference between items E231559 LG 55"
OLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with App Pack and E292271 LG 2017 Series 55"
Class OLED 4K HDR Smart TV other than the Series is the measurements.
E292271 states it is 2017 Series and measures With stand 48-3/8"W x
29-7/8"H x 8-7/8"D - weighs 45.2 lbs; Without stand 48-3/8"W x 27-7/8"H x
1-7/8"D, weighs 35.7 lbs.

Item E231559 LG 55" OLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with App Pack does not have
the series listed and measures With stand: 48-2/5"W x 27-9/10"H x 8-9/10"D
- Without stand: 48-2/5"W x 29-9/10"H x 1-9/10".

Weight:
with Stand: 45.2lbs
Without stand: 35.7lbs“

Which doesn’t make any sense, how can it be the same tv than the other one but have different measurements but the same weight?

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Esteemed Contributor

Excerpt from an article at classybro.com titled: 
The Difference Between 4K, Ultra HD & HDR?

So what is the difference between 4K, Ultra HD (UHD) and HDR?

Well, in a nutshell, 4K is the professional standard, UHD is the consumer standard. The resolution is the exact same, it’s just a naming convention. HDR on the other hand is a bit different.

HDR is the ability to display a wider range of colors, brighter whites, darker blacks. It’s a new format that will allow you to watch content that is truly lifelike.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Occasional Contributor
That.. doesn’t answer my question at all, but thanks anyway.
Honored Contributor

@Marp  @sheko  I don't know the exact differences but we have the LG Oled and the Samsung Qled and the LG Oled has better picture quality although both are great.  

I DO know that the frame on the different LGs and the sound system can vary, making a price difference.  Some are more framless and black, some are silver etc.

Super Contributor

@sheko

Have you called LG and asked?  Or gone online and compared the two models on LG website?  It could be possible they changed the frame (edging) slightly when it was produced the second time or the measurements were accidently listed wrong (I've never heard of a measurement in 5th or 10th...(48-2/5 and 29-9/10), it's always /2, /4, /8, /16).  If both TVs have the exact specifications as far as picture OLED you got a great deal with pricing.  OLDs are very expensive, closer to $3000.  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Excerpt from an article at classybro.com titled: 
The Difference Between 4K, Ultra HD & HDR?

So what is the difference between 4K, Ultra HD (UHD) and HDR?

Well, in a nutshell, 4K is the professional standard, UHD is the consumer standard. The resolution is the exact same, it’s just a naming convention. HDR on the other hand is a bit different.

HDR is the ability to display a wider range of colors, brighter whites, darker blacks. It’s a new format that will allow you to watch content that is truly lifelike.

@Marp

The difference I saw between these 2 tv's (besides dimensions) is that one is UHD, the other is HDR and your post explained the difference between those two.

Sorry the OP doesn't see that or appreciate your effort to answer her question.

SMH.... 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@sheko wrote:
That.. doesn’t answer my question at all, but thanks anyway.

@sheko

You wanted to know the difference between the 2 tv's @Marp kindly explained that.

If your main concern is how 2 tv's with different dimensions can weigh the same, um....lighter companents used maybe?

Maybe you could be clearer about what your actual question is in the future.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Occasional Contributor
The problem is that both tv’s are listed with the same model under their description: OLED55B7A.

So it doesn’t really make sense that they have different dimensions.
Occasional Contributor
Both TV’s are 4k and HDR. This is listed on both of their descriptions. Also listed under both of their descriptions is the same model number.

My exact question was referring as to why they have different dimensions if they are the same model, since customer support only indicated differences in measurement and not features on the tv’s.
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for trying to help me everybody.

Just wanted to say that i went on and checked again the measurements under the description of both tv’s and now both of them have the same exact dimensions and weight, it seems this was updated by qvc.

However, there is still the other tv that is basically the same, but more expensive and i just don’t know why.

Hope i can get some answers before the tv ships.