Super Contributor

LET US CANCEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Why can't I cancel an order I needed for a gift but QVC will not let you cancel!! They've had my many orders in process since May 2, two weeks +, but they refuse to let you cancel! How totally self-serving, inconsiderate and obnoxious!!!!!!!! Delays are one thing, not to let a customer cancel is outrageous and totally unacceptable!

Honored Contributor

Re: LET US CANCEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess QVC just lost a customer.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I totally agree!  When QVC first announced the 90 day return policy I thought "how considerate, giving the current environment".  Now I know it is because it is taking almost a month to get the items to us.  I understand things taking longer now, but not being able to cancel an order after two weeks seems punitive.  I've received many of the "your order has been delayed" emails.  And please don't advise to shop elsewhere.

Respected Contributor

I've complained about this too.  Many have and it seems nothing has changed.  I've tried canceling an order via phone and on line within minutes at times and always told the same thing, "it's too far along in processing."  How can that be if I just ordered it a minute ago?  And another kicker is sometimes it's sitting "in process" and hasn't shipped for days (and weeks) and you still can't cancel because, again, I'm told "it's too far along in processing."  And yet they can't tell me where it is...in the warehouse, on the truck?  Where?  They can't tell you.  Either their software is not set up for it, which I would respond "why not?" or they don't know how to use the software or just don't want to do it.

Honored Contributor

I just called and tried to cancel an order placed May 4, it is now May 17 and it is still "in process" and I can't cancel!   That is simply absurd.  They have computers and they can fix this--don't tell me they can't!  

QVC is sadly antiquated. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't ordered anything in weeks. Don't plan to. waiting on Dillards to open. I got rollers for my Micro-pedia foot scraper coming didn't care how long it took to get them . LOL

all these complaints, I'm not ordering I have enough aggravation.

Kohl's has opened, walmart and Sam's open , other stores will be getting on the ball. I'm not waiting a month to receive something.

If I don't like the way a place does business I find replacement.

Valued Contributor

It happened to me about 3 weeks ago. I needed to check the reviews & size chart on two items. I placed my order because it was a LTS. Got back in within 20 minutes, check myself out with my tapemeasure & couldn't cancel. I couldn't get thru to a CSR. I emailed them & of course they never cancelled the two I did not want. I am doing an exchange due to the costly shipping. I learned my lesson. QVC is obviously in trouble. Phone lines just a busy signal all day. Their inventory is stale. Prices have gone sky high on many items. I will wait for stores to open or order where I get free shipping & returns. There are many stores offering that right now!

Honored Contributor

Several times recently I've cancelled an order an hour or two after placing it.  I placed a duplicate order one evening that I was able to cancel the next morning.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Several times recently I've cancelled an order an hour or two after placing it.  I placed a duplicate order one evening that I was able to cancel the next morning.

WOW   @Kachina624 

You must be a very special customer cause you NEVER 

have any of the problems the rest of us have!!!! 

Whats your secret?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

Ditto.  Yesterday I placed a Susan Graver order, then a few hours later when Isaac was on, I liked what he was offering better, so I placed my Isaac order & was able to cancel my SG order (SG item had only 3.5 star rating so I was on the fence about it anyway).

I think the OP is talking about canceling an order weeks later because the status hasn't changed.  My thought is it is too far in the processing state to cancel at this point, i.e., getting ready to ship.

I'm sure everyone can debate both sides of the issue.  For me personally, if I really do want something, I order it then don't worry about it until I get my shipment alert.  Then I start tracking it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.