Valued Contributor

Re: LET US CANCEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qvc is offering things for sale knowing that it will have a difficult time getting the product to the customer.  At least they don't bill you unitl it ships!  It Cosmetics billed me back on May 1st and cannot seem to ship me my item or give me a refund!  

Valued Contributor

Have you ever seen the status "attempting to cancel"? I tell ya.....It was a new one for me. I had ordered a Cottage Farms plant on 4/25. Later in the day, I saw something I liked better , so ordered it and went immediately afterwards to cancel the first order. It took me to the screen where you answer the question "are you sure you want to cancel" and I clicked yes. Here it is May 16th and status has been "attempting to cancel" since 4/25. I asked a mod about it and was told something about the vendor having to cancel the order - made no sense to me. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was looking at an item and thought I had placed on my Wish List.  I often do that to look at other websites to compare prices.  I did find the item at Amazon, but it was higher.  I still was not sure that I wanted to order that product. 

Less than an hour and half later, went back to my orders only to see the item again and that it was already in process.  And I am saying that I probably clicked on the wrong button.  But, it was only under an hour and half since that button was clicked. I called CS and it could not be cancelled!!  I do understand that the Q wants sales, but this seems so customer unfriendly!!!

Contributor

• I purchased two tops on April 30th and still don't have!  Took the $86 out of our checking account last week.  Called customer service and they aren't sure when I'll get them but hopefully by the end of the month!  Ridiculous!    Don't know how they can take my money but have no idea when I'll receive my items!   Not a good.   way to run a business, QVC!   
    Spoiler
    🤨

•  
Esteemed Contributor

Starting a couple of years ago, QVC converted its supply chain so that the majority of its sales are now fulfilled by third-party vendors. However, the computer systems are not all integrated, so the only real option for guaranteeing inventory availability is to immediately place orders into the "in processing" mode so that the stock is reserved for your purchase. This means that in some cases, depending on the seller (and sometimes specific items), you will be able to make adjustments to your orders, but in most cases, you will not. Customer service representatives are telling the truth when they say they can't help you; their systems don't have any special capabilities for circumventing the supply chain setup, and it seems like the approach of escalating to managers only applies in very specific situations. (And there's probably nothing a manager can do, either.)

So in a nutshell, QVC actually can't let you cancel. They're not trying to torture you or take advantage of you—they've simply tied their own hands with their previous business decisions. And it doesn't seem likely that the approach will change anytime soon.

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing is different it has been the same with or without the corona virus. late shipment, bad CS they at QVC are a train wreak. I have a order I am waiting for that has not even been processed yet. This is the last order I make with them! I ordered something from Germany that got to me already. You are shameful QVC. Just read these posts and threads.Woman Mad

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Several times recently I've cancelled an order an hour or two after placing it.  I placed a duplicate order one evening that I was able to cancel the next morning.

WOW   @Kachina624 

You must be a very special customer cause you NEVER 

have any of the problems the rest of us have!!!! 

Whats your secret?

Maybe she/he works for QVC?  Or has someone who works there?

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Several times recently I've cancelled an order an hour or two after placing it.  I placed a duplicate order one evening that I was able to cancel the next morning.

@Kachina624 

Ditto.  Yesterday I placed a Susan Graver order, then a few hours later when Isaac was on, I liked what he was offering better, so I placed my Isaac order & was able to cancel my SG order (SG item had only 3.5 star rating so I was on the fence about it anyway).

I think the OP is talking about canceling an order weeks later because the status hasn't changed.  My thought is it is too far in the processing state to cancel at this point, i.e., getting ready to ship.

I'm sure everyone can debate both sides of the issue.  For me personally, if I really do want something, I order it then don't worry about it until I get my shipment alert.  Then I start tracking it.

Well ....you both are lucky, for the rest of us its late shpping and handling bad CS service. and now they are using the corona virus for there already bad shipping and handling.Just read the posts here!

Valued Contributor

I just got an email from QVC saying my 5/2 order has shipped...16 days to ship and no doubt several more days in transit.  This form of shopping was always bragged about over shopping brick and mortar shopping. Not so much now.  Brick and mortar where you can see thousands of items in an hour vs. QVC where they air six per hour.  Brick and mortar where you can see and touch an item and try it on.  And if you want to return an item it is usually a quick process.  QVC has been immediately putting in process status on any order placed and making it almost impossible to cancel.  I cancelled my tomato plant order with a customer service rep and it still states attempting to cancel and that has been going on for three weeks.  QVC always claimed great if not superior customer service and frankly they are now one of the worst and I blame them not the virus.  If you cannot ship orders then do not accept the orders.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

I just got an email from QVC saying my 5/2 order has shipped...16 days to ship and no doubt several more days in transit.  This form of shopping was always bragged about over shopping brick and mortar shopping. Not so much now.  Brick and mortar where you can see thousands of items in an hour vs. QVC where they air six per hour.  Brick and mortar where you can see and touch an item and try it on.  And if you want to return an item it is usually a quick process.  QVC has been immediately putting in process status on any order placed and making it almost impossible to cancel.  I cancelled my tomato plant order with a customer service rep and it still states attempting to cancel and that has been going on for three weeks.  QVC always claimed great if not superior customer service and frankly they are now one of the worst and I blame them not the virus.  If you cannot ship orders then do not accept the orders.

----------------

I would add to that...I order an item while it is in stock only to get an email stating that it is on back order!!   

Seems their computer cannot keep up with counting order numbers.   I find that very strange for a huge retail company.  One look at the operation system and the Q person should know how many items there are on hand and should know how many items have been ordered...period.  There should be no confusion!!  QVC, update your computer calculating processes......