Valued Contributor

I am once again having access problems to QVC website thru my Google chromebook.  No problems during the day today. At 7:45PM CT tonight getting this error message again

IBM_HTTP_Server  Server at www.qvc.com  Port 80.

Is QVC working to resolve this ongoing issue?

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoptheQ

I'm not @Keyai (and I don't play him on tv lol), but I can tell you that I started having several problems with the site last Thu or Fri and emailed the IT team and received a reply that they were aware of problems and would be working on them as soon as the IT people came in on Mon (8/22).  Also, there have been several threads across the forums about these issues and some had responses from the IT team.

It's frustrating (altho my issues seem to have resolved), but I'm confident they're working as quickly as they can to fix things.

Welcome to the joys of high-technology.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: KEYAI - CAN YOU HELP

[ Edited ]

@shoptheQ,  That's not a complete error message so it's hard to know exactly what's causing it.   Your post only tells the IT staff which server reported the problem.   For example, if you see this error message I'll post below it would mean you have one or more corrupted cookies on your device.   (We've seen this one on the Q forums in the past.)   In that case, simply deleting the browser cookies/cache and relaunching the browser would probably clear up the problem:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie

/n

IBM_HTTP_Server Server at www.qvc.com Port 80  

If you see the error again, copy it in entirety (or take a screen shot) and that will help in troubleshooting and fixing the problem.  I hope that helps!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Will you help me with an unrelated question please. 

I am using an older IPad and need to know how to copy a link when I am unable to see a link. Hope this makes sense?

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@dooBdoo

Will you help me with an unrelated question please. 

I am using an older IPad and need to know how to copy a link when I am unable to see a link. Hope this makes sense?

Hi, @butterfly123!   Do you mean you want to copy the link for a website page you're currently viewing?   If so, all you need to do is place your finger on the URL address bar at the top of the page, and as you normally do on an iPad when you press and hold it you'll have the option to select the entire URL (link) and then to copy it.   Then you can paste it wherever you like.    Another option is to go to the website page and then email it to yourself using the option on the iPad -- when you do that, your email will contain the link to that page.

I hope that helps!  I might not even be answering the right question!  Or my answer might need more clarification.  Happens to me all the time!   Just give a hollar and one of us here will be able to help out.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

If I had a desktop than the URL appears. With the IPad, I read an article that I would like to post, but there isn't a URL to copy. 

I end up taking screen shots and piecing the article together after editing. Than I hear from others on the board that the print is too small to read. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

@dooBdoo

If I had a desktop than the URL appears. With the IPad, I read an article that I would like to post, but there isn't a URL to copy. 

I end up taking screen shots and piecing the article together after editing. Than I hear from others on the board that the print is too small to read. 

@butterfly123,  If you scroll down the page on a site when using the iPad Safari, the address bar disappears.   If you tap the top of the screen or scroll back up, the address bar reappears.    In any case, if you'll tap the "share button" (box with up arrow in it) you can mail the URL to yourself and you then can copy the link from there.

iPad/iPhone share button

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Thank you! 

You are most kind, helpful and intelligent. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

@dooBdoo

Thank you! 

You are most kind, helpful and intelligent. 

That's so generous of you to say, and you make me blush, @butterfly123.   You're a gem.  Thanks, so much.

Honored Contributor