Frequent Contributor

Just got a call from QVC Customer Service

I was not able to answer so called back.  After going thru too many prompts I was finally asked if I wanted to talk to a team member.  Had to hit that prompt twice before it worked. 

Got the usual "hang on until we feel like answering" then a minute later the line went dead.

Must have been a bogus call.  Or maybe whatever they called about wasn't that important.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just got a call from QVC Customer Service

@Susan345    Was it important?  I guess you'll never know.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Did you use a phone number from the message, or did you use a phone number from QVC's website?

Frequent Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Did you use a phone number from the message, or did you use a phone number from QVC's website?

I redialed from caller ID to see if it was legit and it sounded like the real thing. 

Maybe this is my final wake up call to stop buying from QVC.

Super Contributor

I wouldn't had called the number on the caller ID. I understand that the scammers "spoof" legit phone numbers. They use legit phone numbers on your caller ID, but that isn't who really is calling. It's an attempt to steal your personal information (social security numbers, address, credit card numbers, etc). Maybe contact the QVC social team to see if there's any problems with your account. If you prefer to call, call a number that is listed on QVC's website. 

Honored Contributor

@Susan345 Never rely on caller i.d. as these scammers are known to "spoof" phone numbers. This has all kinds of red flags. You don't know who or what you are calling this way.

In future if you get a call, ignore the number and use the number from the official Q website.

Respected Contributor

@Susan345 :  Sounds somewhat suspicious.  I’ve done business with the Q for MANY years and my mother years before that and have never received a call from them.

Honored Contributor

@Susan345 

I called CS regarding a product I wanted to return due to allergic reaction (beauty product) the CS indicated someone would contact me prior to returning.

They did I was not home but left detailed message.  The number came up on caller ID as QVC CS - so they do call.

Did you question something or perhaps a request was sent to the follow up dept.

I've also gotten a call when there has been a "recall" years ago.

Frequent Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Susan345 Never rely on caller i.d. as these scammers are known to "spoof" phone numbers. This has all kinds of red flags. You don't know who or what you are calling this way.

In future if you get a call, ignore the number and use the number from the official Q website.

Usually I don't but this looked legit and I was curious about who would answer. If they were spoofing they did a real good job or recreating the QCV automated phone cludge.

Frequent Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

@Susan345 :  Sounds somewhat suspicious.  I’ve done business with the Q for MANY years and my mother years before that and have never received a call from them.

This is the 1st time I have gotten a call from them.