Trusted Contributor

Re: Just BAD customer “care”, QVC

@Boomernichols wrote:

@dodies Convenience, no!  I do not own a printer and only have access to a laptop so I have only orderd one item from QVC in the past year.

I don't have a printer either and I didn't know q stopped sending us those labels.  I am completely done with qvc now.  I ordered something from them about 10 days or so and it has not been sent out to me yet and that's THE END for me.  No more.  And I very rarely watch "double up the hosts" shows anyway. 

Respected Contributor

Whether one gets an invoice depends on the item and the vendor. Sometime I get one, and prefer I don't, other times there's one in the box or behind the lable.

But I don't returns things. I buy a lot...a lot, but I think carefully about my purchases before I commit. I made the decision to purchase and if I don't like it I either give to someone who will, or I donate. 

I buy a lot from other companies also. Two packages delivered this week from two different companies had no invoice. 

As someone pointed out, save a tree, save a shredder.

Honored Contributor

One suggestion for you @dodies, search for USPS Schedule Pickup.  Fill out the form.  Mail Carrier will pick it up at your house free.  You do not need an account with USPS.  

There is a pickup charge with UPS. 

Returning anything has never been a convenience for me, with or without labels.  Just packing the item up is annoying.  

Funny, though, the last few items I ordered, plus all those before them, just one received two days ago from NYC, I suppose a distributor, have had return labels.  Only those sent directly from some manufacturers or distributors, not all, didn't have them. 

All of the labels are addressed to "Smart Label Returns, Parcel Return Service, and zip code."  Of the two most recent, past 2 weeks, one has a sticky backing, the other from NYC would need to be taped to the package.  

I'm confused.  Why am I receiving labels and others aren't?

Respected Contributor

I have not run across that yet.  I still get labels.  I guess they want to make it hard so people don't return but you can bet if I need to return I will figure it out.

I do a lot of shopping on the Q but getting more away from that and buying local again.  I like to try on my stuff and search for bargains.    

Yesterday I was at Wal-Mart and walked by these Bermuda knit shorts in great colors and thought those look nice.  On sale too and I ended up with three pair and love them.  I have  jean Bermuda shorts from Penny's but these are like modal feel.  Money money you know.  Ha ha. I only paid 6.98 and no extra shipping charges.  Perfect for yard work, walking the dog or just to wear out and about.  

My friend bought some jeans that you can pull up with flat band at Wal-Mart and said no different than the ones she bought more the Q except for the price.  

There are other alternatives and I have plenty of clothes from the Q but just saying I know what works for me so very little returns.  Only thing I have tried and doesn't work for me is bras so done with buying those from the Q.  Certain styles of clothes and certain designers styles work better on me.   I always check the measurements and the length on a garment.  If not what it should be for me then I just pass.  I don't assume because I wear a certain size that I should buy that size.  Not always true.  

Honored Contributor

Just received an item from ShopHQ.  Packing slip and return label included.  IMO, just another way for QVC to cut expenses at the cost of customer satisfaction.

Honored Contributor

Am I the only one that gets invoices and return labels?  They are always in my package inside 

Trusted Contributor

@dodies When I first read your post I was very confused as I almost always get a return slip. Then, I  returned to the post and see others also received invoices and return slips. This is the thing, with almost all my purchases I throw the slip away. If I do need to return, which is rare as I thoroughly read reviews and check measurements so am usually happy with my purchase, I just hand write the return address and take to the post office. It's usually cheaper anyway. 

I don't believe this is Bad customer service. This is progress. Just an FYI, a study was made many years ago on centenarians. The study wanted to find out why some people lived so long. The one and only thing they all had in common was adapting to change. Just something to keep in mind.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee    I get labels when my packages are sent by vendors or from East Coast Q warehouses.  When I get something from the Ontario, Ca. Warehouse, which is where most of mine originate, I either don't get a label or the invoice is not printed, although there is a return shipping label.  Usually there's nothing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

Whether one gets an invoice depends on the item and the vendor. Sometime I get one, and prefer I don't, other times there's one in the box or behind the lable.

But I don't returns things. I buy a lot...a lot, but I think carefully about my purchases before I commit. I made the decision to purchase and if I don't like it I either give to someone who will, or I donate. 

I buy a lot from other companies also. Two packages delivered this week from two different companies had no invoice. 

As someone pointed out, save a tree, save a shredder.

What a nice gesture to give it away @Etoile308 .  Some people can't afford to do that.  Must be nice (your charmed life).  If I buy something that's not to my satisfaction whether it's my fault or the fault of the seller, it's going back so I can get my money back.  Not rich, no rich uncles so I need my $$.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@dodies When I first read your post I was very confused as I almost always get a return slip. Then, I  returned to the post and see others also received invoices and return slips. This is the thing, with almost all my purchases I throw the slip away. If I do need to return, which is rare as I thoroughly read reviews and check measurements so am usually happy with my purchase, I just hand write the return address and take to the post office. It's usually cheaper anyway. 

I don't believe this is Bad customer service. This is progress. Just an FYI, a study was made many years ago on centenarians. The study wanted to find out why some people lived so long. The one and only thing they all had in common was adapting to change. Just something to keep in mind.

It is bad customer service.  They want you to expect less because you will be getting less from them. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life