Regular Contributor

Just BAD customer “care”, QVC

The new policy of no more packing slips or return labels is the most disrespectful move yet on a company supposedly proud of the "convenience" implied in the company name. I have not yet come across another company making its returns/refunds so very time consuming and, well, NOT convenient.  Today I packaged two items for return. By the time I looked up the item/ order, fired up the printer, performed the actions required to print, waited for the printer, did it all over again, clipped the label, packaged the 

Items, fixed the labels and sealed the package it was a good 15-20 minutes. In what world is this convenient?  Now, a trip to drop off.......I find the reasoning that the company is suddenly becoming "environmentally aware" to be ludicrous. Same company that sends an eyebrow pencil in a Manila envelope inside a cardboard box. It is a blatant cost cutting procedure at the expense and INconvenience of the customer. It is also an obvious attempt to discourage customers from actually MAKING returns. Compare to, for example, Amazon......stick the item in its mailer, few clicks on a phone, drop off at Kohl's , or wherever, on next trip out. Done. . Acknowledgementof receipt on phone before I get home. Don't even seal it.  Added to rising prices and plethora of clothing Meade of cheap fabrics, this customer of 31 years is seriously rethinking spending habits 

Honored Contributor

Re: Just BAD customer “care”, QVC

I fortunately have not had to return anything mainly because I don't buy much and then only items that I'm 99.9% sure will be OK.  Otherwise I donate the item.  But I have read the return instructions and they don't sound "easy" to me.  Agree about Amazon.  Had to return an item, dropped it off locally (don't remember where) and was credited very quickly.  QVC is backward is many aspects.

Honored Contributor

@dodies    Whether you like it or not, what QVC is doing is fast becoming the industry standard.  In all the years I've bought from Amazon, never got an invoice or return label.  Have to get in the car and take the package somewhere to return it.  Got an order from Home Depot last week; same deal, no invoice or return label.

Vent to your hearts content but it's a waste of energy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Return labels are a thing of the past, more dont include them in the package anymore.  Companies that still do include them will follow suit soon.  You have to adjust.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

save a tree!!  many trees... and ink...

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@dodies Convenience, no!  I do not own a printer and only have access to a laptop so I have only orderd one item from QVC in the past year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can put multiple items (as long as they are going to the same return location) in the same package...and rather than going to the post office schedule a postal pick up to your home.

I've done both many times.

ETA:  I've purchased a lot over the last few weeks and have still gotten invoices.

Trusted Contributor

I don't disagree, but just keep in mind the option of writing out your own return label or use one the the post office self-service kiosks, and then pay your own return postage.  You can find out the return address for your state from the QVC website.  At the bottom of the page go to Returns and Exchanges and look at the FAQ's.  This is what I will be doing.

Regular Contributor

Perhaps reread the last part of my post. Amazon makes it exceedingly easy to return anything with no packing slip or return label. A few clicks of the phone and a drop off when I'm already out. Have adjusted to that just fine. If QVC wanted to implement something that user friendly, wouldn't be any complaint. They want to upgrade or modernize or save tree or whatever, that's great,; all for it. Then don't half-a** it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dodies I am right there with you.All but stopped ordering from QVC and HSN for all your reasons and more. 

Done with essentially paying to try on clothes and I have shopped regularly with these channels since Day One.