Valued Contributor

Does anyone know what will happen to Joy  Do you think she is going to Evine

Honored Contributor

No. Supposedly she is moving on to other ventures but some of her items will continue to be available on HSN.

Trusted Contributor

I don't care.  Never liked her frantic style and her products are junk.

Honored Contributor

I love her hangers, but fortunately, I probably have a lifetime supply of them by now.  So I probably wouldn't necessarily follow her to another channel.

Respected Contributor

Sorry but I didn't hear about Joy.  Is she leaving HSN?  I buy from HSN but don't keep up with the people. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree some of her stuff is not the best quality....but those hangers rock!!!    I actually have her book about her career, interesting and I enjoyed the movie very much about her life.  I think she means well but like so many vendors, ie: Lori Grenier.........they get caught up with the cheap "made in China" stuff.

Super Contributor

For sure, her products are just pure junk.  My own opinion.  I don't even like her hangers.  I gave them away.  

Honored Contributor

I'll miss her readers as well as the hangers.  I've ordered multiple sets which disappear with regularity and they've always been excellent quality.  Last time I needed a set, the only thing they had were frames in browns (men's) so that's what I ordered.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

not all of the JM items will be going away.

QURATE actually owns the company. HSN purchased it YEARS ago. they can still continue to produce the line.

i think they make some GREAT items and disagree that the items are "pure junk."

love the hangers, pillows, steamers, readers, jewelry kits, and more.

check out amazon also for some better pricing on JM or "ingenious design" items.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

no, i don't think joy will go to evine, unless she buys evine.

i don't know how much ownership she has on the products that she developed, as she sold the company or at least part of it to hsn.

this is something that i have never understood. why sell your company that you gave birth to.

yes, i know it's about getting millions more. but really, at some point, when you are already worth millions, and have more then you could spend in a life time, why sell it.

i have never thought that when people sell their company, that they actually get what it's worth. i suspect the get far less (as in less millions).

and it's a known fact that once a company buys another company, in addition to people getting laid off, the products are re-evaluated to see how they can be made cheaper and "appear" to be the same. i haven't seen a product that was made better after the company was sold.

the good thing is that she has made enough to never have to work again.
who knows, maybe she will do some episodes of shark tank.

i remember watching her last hanger tsv before xmas and it struck me strange that she kept saying something like "this will be the last time that i do this" and she said something about china and prices rising. for whatever reason i believed that she would not be doing that quantity of hangers again. what i didn't believe was because it was because of china and/or rising prices.