Contributor

Josie Maran Self Tanner Body Butter

Dear Customer Care Team,

How can there already be reviews of the Josie Maran self tanning body butter

when it was on advanced order until May 24th? Certainly no one should have

received this product yet to give it a review. Please clarify.

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Self Tanner Body Butter

Great question! You are exactly right because I was on waitlist too when she had the TSV!

This is what I don't like about QVC reviews. Unlike HSN you can write a review about an item without having bought it.

HSN verifies you bought it and has you wait 5 day until you have adequate time to try the product.

Another area where the Q drops the ball!

Trusted Contributor

QVC dropped the ball by letting several people who recd the tanner write a review on it? Perhaps a few were shipped out a day or two early!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Could they have bought it elsewhere?

Esteemed Contributor

maybe it was one of those items offered in Insider.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, it's a QVC exclusive and was not in the Insider.

But they could have had rush shipping on it. I bought mine the first day it aired and they did NOT give an advance order date, nor did the item page say it was advance order. It's possible some went out earlier if people bought even before I did. Mine just arrived yesterday.

If I see a review for an item that I know hasn't been bought or used by the reviewer, I click the Report Inappropriate Review link and explain why I think it should be deleted. I do this for reviews where the person asks questions instead of posting a review or when someone has obviously reviewed the wrong item, as well.

Respected Contributor

Could it be one of those items some people get trials of early with other purchases? I've heard people who call in say they have gotten items "to try before they are available" . I sure wish I got to be one of those people! I used to get samples in my orders! God knows I spend enough with QVC!😉

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

For those of you who have tried it, do you like it? Does it wear off on your clothing

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Perhaps the reviews are for the old formula?  I saw the presentation of this last night with Jill and Josie said she reformulated this based on customer feedback. 

I wonder if those leaving the reviews don't know it has been changed?  

Contributor

It was sold at Sephora before it was offered on QVC.  My niece worked at Sephora and would get samples for my sister and I to try.  Frankly, I haven't found one Josie Maran product that wasn't way too greasy.