QVC Customer Care

Re: Josie Maran Buddha comment

This post has been removed by QVC because it's argumentative.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Josie doesn't appear to be an intellectual giant.  She probably thoughtlessly made her comment without giving  it a thought or realizing it might be offensive.  Consider the source.

@Kachina624 Uh, you can say that again!!  Lol

Respected Contributor

@GigiDana wrote:

I was taken back a bit when I heard it.  I also realize that we live in a country that allows us to be free to speak and worship who we choose and we should respect it.  It just made my heart sad as a Christian.  If we are wrong in our beliefs, it could be perceived that we wasted our life/time here.  If they are wrong in their beliefs, then it is their eternity.  God bless us all.

On the contrary, we no longer live in a country free to speak about our beliefs.  Freedom of speech no longer is.  We live in a country of censorship.

Contributor

Josie's job isn't to coddle and please Christians or anyone for that matter. Try on an opened mind and a more worldly view, you might be happier. 

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@GigiDana wrote:

I was taken back a bit when I heard it.  I also realize that we live in a country that allows us to be free to speak and worship who we choose and we should respect it.  It just made my heart sad as a Christian.  If we are wrong in our beliefs, it could be perceived that we wasted our life/time here.  If they are wrong in their beliefs, then it is their eternity.  God bless us all.

On the contrary, we no longer live in a country free to speak about our beliefs.  Freedom of speech no longer is.  We live in a country of censorship.

I'm glad I don't live where you do. I am free to speak my mind where I live and have never been told I couldn't by anyone.

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

@GigiDana wrote:

I'm glad I don't live where you do. I am free to speak my mind where I live and have never been told I couldn't by anyone.

I live in Massachusetts and no one's ever told me I couldn't speak my mind either. 

Contributor

Someone really needs to understand what freedom of speech entails. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's unkind.

Frequent Contributor

It never ceases to amaze me how divided we are.  When I said "I also realize that we live in a country that allows us to be free to speak and worship who we choose and WE should respect it.", that I DO understand that we were not all raised in the same faith but we live in a country that gives us those freedoms and we should respect other faiths different than ours.  Everyone has and should have those rights.  If you are of the Christian faith, you would know why my heart was heavy.  

I am signing off for good from these boards.  Too much negativity, judgement and anger towards people you don't even know.