Regular Contributor

I currently have 20 items stuck in Hodgkins Illinois. I know that this is a UPS shipping center. However when an item is there for four days, QVC needs to investigate why it is being held so long. My items are taking well over two weeks to reach California. Why is it that Amazon, Kohls, TJ Maxx and Chicos can all ships safely and good packages within a day of placing the order. I never wait even a week for any of these other packages to arrive. Today I received a box from QVC where the tape wasn't even over the middle of the box and the box was open on my porch. This is shameful and QVC needs to address these issues.

Honored Contributor

I just got a pop-up ad for an app that blocks your view of tracking so you can relax.  Maybe that's the answer, innocence is bliss.  We did fine until we could see how it sat in foreign places. 

How long have your packages been in Hodgkins?  You left out that important bit of information.  Mine are usually on the road in 24 hours.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I've had the same issue of items getting "stuck" in Hodgkins IL - and it's a 70/30 chance I actually ever see them. I've had to call CS more than once and ask them to reship the item that is "lost".  Which they glady do - and ship it expidited.  I've complained about this facility specifically to them as well. Sadly a few times it's been an auto-delivery of a seasonal WEN and then I'm just out of luck as there is no more stock. 

Valued Contributor

I have an item that supposedly left Bridgeport, NJ on Sept 23.  Every other item I ordered around the same time or later has arrived at my doorstep or reached a status farther along the line than Electronic shipping info received.  I think the Q needs to reevaluate their shipping because it totally stinks...

Valued Contributor

Hodgkins is like the Hotel California of shipping. I would be nervous if that much of my stuff were there too. Two things I ordered never made it out of there.

Regular Contributor

If you reread my post, I say the items have been stuck there for four days.

Super Contributor

I live in CA and all my items from QVC seem to go through IL and live there for 3 days.  Someone was complaining that it took 5 days for a package to arrive.  I would be happy to get a package from QVC that quickly.  Usually I receive a package in 10 to 12 days, unless it is shipped from CA and then I get it super quick.  That doesn't happen often.

I won't even begin to tell you how long it takes for an item to go from my local UPS facility to the post office, which are 30 minutes apart.  Drives me crazy.

Super Contributor

I forgot to say that I contacted CS regarding Hodgkins facility and the rep said she would give them my feedback.  It wasn't feedback it was a complaint and nothing seems to have changed.

Honored Contributor

@Purseone wrote:

If you reread my post, I say the items have been stuck there for four days.

@Purseone  You have 20 items that have been in Hodgkins 4 days?  Perhaps a wee exageration ?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Visitor

Re: Items stuck in shipping

[ Edited ]

I don't think she is "exaggerating" at all. I'm new to QVC and I'm experiencing the same thing. I have more than 20 items but they're is 10 orders that have been stuck for almost a week. One order has been there for oh geez! . I just checked the date 2 weeks! It is Hodkins IL. I did recieve the other 2 items I ordered at the same time a week agao.  Some orders have multiple items.  I ordered 4 sets of silk clips at the same time. The exact same and placed the order at the same time. They're for my formal tree and I need them.  1 set showed up 2 days ago the other 3 sets are still stuck in Hodkins IL. . I guess I need to call about the one thats been stuck for 2 weeks. I ordered it on 11-10. It is now the 24th. If I counted the items still stuck it would exceed 20. QVC does have a serious shipping problem. They really don't have a lot of control over it. Their  items are drop shipped by vendors not a QVC facility so they do need to know when certain vendors have poor shipping practices.( I asked CS if they use drop shipping.)  The Valerie Parr Hill collection isn't even double boxed. It is just sent in the box they're packed in. I've recived several mangled boxes from her line which have a lot of glass.  If customers don't tell them they can't rectify the problem.