Contributor

Items being changed in cart to waitlist

Twice now I have put an item in my cart as available and when I check out it's changed to waitlist.  I've checked out immediately after placing it in my cart, so what's the deal!!??

Honored Contributor

Re: Items being changed in cart to waitlist

[ Edited ]

Nobody here is in the warehouse so can't say for sure, but I theorize that the merchandise is in the warehouse but the place is such a mess that they can't immediately access it for shipment.  They use "waitlist" as a mechanism for delaying shipment.  I'm betting you'll get it; it'll just take a little longer.  I've gotten all of mine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I have had a fairly recent order shift to Backorder. I also believe that the designation is just a way to buy time for a messed up shipping system. That backorder item shipped, smashed to smithereens, in just a few days.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

problem too is, shipping is taking FOREVER!  How much longer are they go8ng to delay shipping like this.  It's been going on far too long.  I only order items I can't buy elsewhere and I'm certainly not trusting the Q for ANY Christmas gifts!!!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

problem too is, shipping is taking FOREVER!  How much longer are they going to delay shipping like this.  It's been going on far too long.  I only order items I can't buy elsewhere and I'm certainly not trusting the Q for ANY Christmas gifts!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  That was my experience, too.  I recently ordered a pair of earrings (my first Alexandrite!) and when I went to checkout, it was shown as waitlisted.  Since they are for me and I am not in a hurry, I thought nothing of it.  One week later I got a notice that the earrings had shipped.  They will probably arrive in a week or so.  Go figure. 🤷‍♀️

Contributor

I've really lost confidence in QVC.  

Honored Contributor

I wonder if it's a computer glitch.  I had an order switch to backorder, called CS.  Said it was in stock.  She changed to back.  It did sit "in process" for 5 days.   

Valued Contributor

There computer system is a mess! They should have worked on all the glitches before they switched over to a new format. And to do it a few months before Christmas???

Respected Contributor

my order went from "in processing" to "backordered", in a matter of hours. what is the difference in backordered and waitlist. would it just be a shorter waiting period.

there have been some items that have come fast and i was surprised, so i think they are really trying.