Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Item with same bad issue as reviewers return fee?

[ Edited ]

@Tobes wrote:

@Kachina624 @Ane1There @MalteseMomma @homedecor1 @Foxxee .....Valerie Parker probably has nothing to do with the way her items are made; who makes them, and the quality of the materials.  She is just the so called figurehead the use to sell items someone else makes decisions about.

@Tobes 

Who said anything about Val?

I merely stated a fact........

Anything shipping from China , is sprayed for vermin!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Is it possible the white powder is mildew?  is the smell a musty odor?  if so, it will not go away.  Send it back ASAP and get it out of the house before it stinks up the whole place.  Yes, it is definitely defective.

Don't you love how Valerie seems so loving and caring yet when her merchandise is defective, her silence is deafening.

I contacted Valerie about my order that is still in process and it is so funny as I am suppose to get it today.  She would not help me whatsoever!  Useless wasting your time fooling with her.  If I ever get this I am done with her and if I do not get it I am still done with her.  She uses that sweetness and caring she displays on QVC to lure you in and then it is your baby if their are problems. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@Ane1There wrote:

I bought the eucalyptus wreath by Valerie (H221945) earlier in the month and immediately upon opening it was "hit" with a strong chemical odor and the wreath covered in white powder which got on anything it touched, including my clothes and hands. The scent is coming from the powder so it's not just talc. At the time, there was just one other review with the same issue. I contacted Valerie's team about how to clean the powder off, and asked about the smell. I have yet to hear back from them. I thought back and forth about keeping it, it's a pretty wreath. The smell has yet to go away. In fact, when you leave for a while and come home the smell is even stronger, to point you can "taste" it. There are more reviews, now, stating the same about the powder and smell. 

I do want to return it since I don't know what I'm breathing in, touching, and don't want to risk it. Question is, is this considered a "defect" or just an opinion on the wreath and I'll have to pay to ship it back? 

For  gosh sakes return it.  You can get very sick whenever mold or mildew is around.  My niece had a water leak and once they dicovered it they had to move out of their house while a company went in and took care of it, there was mold and mildew involved.  It can really work on you so get it out of your house as soon as possible.