New Contributor

Item sold out during free shipping promo, but back in stock when promo was over.

[ Edited ]

I had problems trying to order a item during ITKWD show while the free shipping promo was going on.  When I finally could get through the ordering, the item was completely sold out in all colors.  But it sure was funny that after the show was over, the item was back in stock in all the colors.  Not happy with this type of customer service QVC.  I ordered it anyway because I really wanted it, but if this what happens during these types of promo, something really needs to be done because I seen a lot of other comments of customers having problems ordering during these promos.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Item sold out during free shipping promo, but back in stock when promo was over.

@justcommenting 

I have removed the shipping charge on item ordered today.

Beth QVC

New Contributor

Re: Item sold out during free shipping promo, but back in stock when promo was over.

The same thing happened to me, too. I tried placing an order while I was at work and kept getting a "nothing in cart" error message.

I got home from work and I have an email from QVC saying that I left an item in my cart. Oh, and s/h is included with the item.

Trusted Contributor

That does tend to happen.  With everybody trying to buy during free shipping. It might also be cancelled orders. 

The website is also having issues.  The TSV sold out this afternoon, yet an hour ago all the colors were available and I was able to put one in my cart and head to the checkout.  

I didn't really want it, was just testing out the website so I removed it from my cart.

QVC Customer Care

@narekkm 

Would you like me to remove the shipping?

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

@justcommenting ,

I had just 1  simple item that I buy four times a year; called in listened to a lot of unnecessary garble to order something else, then put in # and the recorder said I would have to go through a customer service.   ?

Buying it through Amaz. 

That's why my purchases have dwindled way down from one year ago, unless I mention the 3 different meat food products from November that arrived 3 weeks later thawed out. What a mess that was.  

Respected Contributor

Same sort of thing happened to me.  I could not complete an order during the IKWD show. I kept getting the error message that something was wrong and to call customer service. Funny thing is after the show and the free shipping ended I was ablt to order the item. I paid for shipping because I wanted the item. But I won't fall for this again. 

QVC Customer Care

@50Mickey 

I am sorry for any inconvenience. I have removed the shipping on your order.

Beth QVC

Respected Contributor

Thank you Beth.

New Contributor

Thank you Beth, I really appreciate it.