Item never shipped but charged now in collections?

All, 

Looking for some guidance on next steps here.  Here is the fact pattern:

- In late June/ early July 2022 I purchased a HP laptop on EasyPay.  The shipping address was NOT my home, but to an address where a family member was living.

- Said order was cancelled and NEVER shipped and my account was subsequently cancelled

- Reached out to customer service within a day of the cancellation notice, they stated they could not resolve the cancelled account, removed the "pending" approval from PayPal, and confirmed the order would not ship

- In September they placed a charge through my PayPal account for the EasyPay.  I called in once again and they stated that it was an error and issued a refund

- Today I received collections call for the $124 charge that they refunded

- Reached out to QVC today and this was the response, "looking at the account with the HP 14" Stream laptop in Royal Blue in 8/11/2020, this laptop is reflecting returned. It is noted that you still had the laptop, and was wondering about the 365 service and was billed for the 1st and 2nd installment, however the 3rd installment wasn't received so they attempted to manually bill but was unable to do so, which is why that went into collections. So in essence, there is a Qcard write off balance owed and the last installment for 124.32 for the Royal Blue HP Laptop".   Continues on to state, "According to the notes back in 2020, is the reason for the collections as the 3rd installment for this Laptop that wasn't paid. It is documented that there was a call on 7/28/2022 stating "Cust call about this item asking for product info on the 365 service.Cust still has this item, system has it as a return and cust was issued a credit" - due to this documentation, it was then sent to manually debit the installment for the 1st and 2nd, however when trying to obtain the 3rd installment as it was on 3 installments, we were unable to obtain that, and essentially rolled into collections on 4/28/23."  Which is all factually untrue except for the 7/28/22 call that I placed regarding the reason for the cancelled order and made an attempt to get them to reinstate the order (which they could not do as the product was no longer available).

I am really at a loss here on where to go with this.  I do not owe this money; I do not have either the laptop I ordered in 2022 OR the laptop from 2020 and now customer service seems to be a round conversation.  They are forwarding the matter on to their finance department, but we did this last September too and I was assured it was resolved.  Is there anything you can recommend so that I ensure this nonsense is resolved???

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Item never shipped but charged now in collections?

@TJW43110   Did you buy it for someone else abd send it to their address?   It all sounds extremely confusing to me.   I don't have any answers for you.  I'm sorry

Honored Contributor

@TJW43110    If you account has been referred to the Finance Department, that is the highest level QVC has for such problems. I would demand a written copy of the resolution if and when you get to talk to a live person.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

File a complaint with the Attorney General's office for your state.

Respected Contributor

Very confusing reply from QVC but it looks like they are saying that you bought a laptop in 2020 and that it was not returned and that you owe for the 3rd installment or easy pay I guess. And that is the charge that they sent to collections. I don't see where their reply has anything to do with the lap top that you were trying to purchase in 2022.  If you returned the laptop that you bought in 2020 it should be noted as a return in your order history.   

Esteemed Contributor

Did you purchase a laptop in 2020? Was this laptop returned or is it still in your possession? That is my first question.

Second question, you stated you tried to purchase a laptop in 2022 but it was rejected. So, I am assuming the problem lies with your first purchase in 2020.

They are sending you to collections because your computer from 2020 was not paid in full. If that is the case, I would pay the third installment. It will show on your credit report that you have a delinquent account. 

I hope this makes it clear because it was confusing to decipher what you meant. Something is off with your explanation. 

Honored Contributor

Attorney General?? puleese!!!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

I would definitely have paper copies of the refunds that you were issued from Paypal. It sounds to me that either QVC or your QVC card made an error and charged the third installment without your knowledge. More than likely, it would be your QVC card, which are totally different people from QVC. 

Something else that's confusing about your statement is that you said that your account was suspended after the laptop was cancelled. Why is that? Do you mean your QVC account or your QVC card--or both? If they cancelled your card, how could they charge a third installment? Very confusing situation that you have going on. Wish you the best.