Frequent Contributor

It says I've asked ALL the questions! What's going on?

After you answer a question asked below an item it directs you to a separate section with 4 more questions about an array of items you can answer, you can then click "answer 4 more questions" until you've scrolled through all of the questions in this separate section.  I assume these are questions that were asked below the reviews of an item but not answered within a set time frame so question went into this running scroll.  I noticed several of the same questions, plus others there months ago and they said they ALL were asked by "Anonymous".  Then a few weeks ago I noticed it said several were asked by me.  Today when I answered someone's question and was directed there it says I asked every single question!  I called CS  as I thought if someone did answer the question the person that really asked would never know because it says I asked and I'd be the one notified the question was answered.  CS said "the computer generates the information and we can't change it."   I did ask 2 of the questions on there a long time ago and eventually found out the answer on my own so under "answer this question" I wrote "please remove this question I found the answer."  Well that never got posted and the 2 questions weren't removed.  Any suggestions on what I can do to get correct woman credited?  I'd like the women that actually asked the questions to be the ones notified when/if  the questions are answered.  I'd also like my name off every single question it's embarrassing.

Thanks in advance.

BTW I still haven't figured out how to reply to someone directly under their statement/question.  So if anyone asks for clarification or is expecting a reply I have to reply in a separate box....  Arrrggg. 😊

Prejudice is an emotional commitment to ignorance.  No man is above me, and no man is below me.

Super Contributor

Re: It says I've asked ALL the questions! What's going on?

judEve wrote:

"BTW I still haven't figured out how to reply to someone directly under their statement/question.  So if anyone asks for clarification or is expecting a reply I have to reply in a separate box..."

----------- 

@judEve - I assume you are asking about how to include a copy of the original post that you are replying to.  The answer depends on what type of device you are using. 

On my android tablet: I tap on "reply" within the post I want to respond to. Then, just above and to the right of the box to type in, I tap on "Qoute". This will then include a copy of everything that has been said from that response. Then I can add my own reply.

It is different on my android phone. There is no option to reply to a single response, only "add comment" to the thread. There is no direct "quote" function available.  So what I do then is to use the phone's copy/paste function. I also do that if I only want to include part of the original post, such as in this reply. I copied part of your post, tapped reply, typed "judEve wrote" and then pasted in your post.

Personally, I think most threads read better when people include a copy of or make specific enough reference to what they are commenting on.  There are times when I'm not exactly sure who or what they are responding to.  Also, if you want to specifically have someone notified of your post (for example you are responding to their comment), you need to type "@screenname" somewhere in the post.  On my tablet, as soon as I type "@" symbol, everyone that's participated in the thread will come up in a pop-up box.

I hope that this helps you out.

Super Contributor

@judEve - That is odd how that mix-up occurred with the Q&A's on the product page.  That is really strange.  I thought I'd let you know I happen to like when people come back to answer their own questions! I've seen several times where people have written "To answer my own question..."  

If you really want something removed, I think you have to report is as inappropriate. If you go to the product page, once you expand the question, just below the red "answer this question" is the link to report as inappropriate. That will take you to a box to explain why. Maybe you can get your name removed and "anonymous" put back as the author of the questions. Even if they can't notify the original person that answers have been posted, I would think they should at least be able to remove your name.  Good luck! 

Valued Contributor

@DeniseColo......thank you for the information on using quotes and how to reply  specifically to someone's name! I never could have figured it out on my android tablet!!   Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@05gage25 - You're welcome and your notification to me worked perfectly Smiley Happy.  It initially took me awhile to realize some of these seemingly basic things but it was mostly from other people posting their suggestions.  It's also a bit confusing because the forums don't always work the same across various devices and operating systems.