Honored Contributor

Issues with using iPad tonight on this sight

Hard to type anything......site is also very slow to respond.

Respected Contributor

Re: Issues with using iPad tonight on this sight

I am on iPad and not having a prob.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Hard to type anything......site is also very slow to respond.

@SeaMaiden, I've been using my iPad 3 with no problems.   If the iPad itself isn't responding well, try closing all the apps running (multitasking) in background and also clear cookies/history/website data.

Did you check the speed of your internet connection?   (I use the Ookla SpeedTest.net app on my iPad.)   I don't see any slowdown on the site itself.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I am using my IPad Air & I am not having any problems.... could be your router/modem????

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I am using my IPad Air & I am not having any problems.... could be your router/modem????

It works fine on my desktop computer.. just my ipad is slow... same modem

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@January121 wrote:

It works fine on my desktop computer.. just my ipad is slow... same modem

If you tried all the things I suggested in my previous post, @SeaMaiden, and if a speed test on your iPad shows your connection to be as good as the computer's connection, then try going into the iPad settings and turning on "Airplane Mode," wait a couple of minutes, and then turn "Airplane Mode" off.  

Also, sometimes just a "restart" or a "hard reset," in creating a new connection, will help.

If those simpler steps don't help, other things to try if a connection seems wonky (you'll need to be prepared to re-enter your WiFi password):   In settings, for your WiFi,  try tapping "Forget this network," then reboot the device, and then set up the connection again.   Also, you can go into Settings, under General, and choose "Reset."  Then choose "Reset Network Settings."  Then you can set up the connection anew. 

hth!  Best of luck to you!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  It seems better today....but I will write down your suggestions and try them in the future if i deal with this issue again Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@dooBdoo  It seems better today....but I will write down your suggestions and try them in the future if i deal with this issue again Smiley Happy

Hi, again, @SeaMaiden!   I'm so glad it's better!  That's great!   Fingers crossed it won't happen again.