Trusted Contributor

Issue with exchanges and improper sizing information

I purchased two pairs of the wide leg beach pants, A376431.  They were on sale.  I tend to carry my weight in my hips, and was buying these as lounge pants.  The regular length listed under "click here" as 30 inches....which is just a little short.  So I ordered the TALL, which listed as 33".  I also looked at the measurements and how the pants were fitting the models.  Since they were ordered for casual wear, I ordered up a size...again based on the "click here" garment measurements.  They said the lower hip measurement was 54"....very roomy.

Well, I received the first of my pairs of pants.  I'm talking HUGE.  Almost 36 inch inseam....not 33.  And, the lower hip measurement is almost 60"....HUGE, not roomy.  I cannot wear them.

I called Customer Service.  One of my options is no longer available in a smaller size.  And, I have to return both pairs of pants, in order to get replacements.  AND, I have to pay for the return of any pants that I can't exchange.  I say this is not my fault, because I went by the measurements on the website to make my decision.  The Rep said I got the size I ordered, so if I can't get an exchange, I'm basically out $21, and no pants!

She did say I could return both pairs of pants in the same bag, so that will save me $7.  My question is...I have two other items of clothing coming sometime this week.  Can I return all 4 items in the same bag, because I'm not buying clothing from QVC anymore?  Or, at the very least, can I return the two items from the other order together?

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
QVC Customer Care

Re: Issue with exchanges and improper sizing information

@onlyshopsonline  I'm so sorry to hear the Denim & Co. Tall Beach Pull-On Wide-Leg Pants you purchased did not fit you correctly.  If you feel the item is defective (sized incorrectly), please mark that box on the invoice and we will not charge you the label fee/s/h to return the order.  We do not recommend you place all 4 items in the same bag. 

Trusted Contributor

@Wayne-QVC. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

I read in the reviews that the length was longer and sizes were too big.  I haven't gotten mine yet after waiting two weeks.  I'm not sure I even want them now.

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky   The pants were beyond huge, lol.  I generally wear a 1X and the regular length is usually never long enough for me.  So, I thought I'd size up because I wanted these for lounge pants.  And, I expected to maybe roll them up and quickly hem them.  But, the overall size was crazy.  Two people could have crawled into these with me.  

I ended up returning one pair.  And, I took the other pair apart and resized them, because I really liked the fabric.  I think I cut more than 6 inches off of the length, and I can't even begin to tell you how much I cut off of the other seams.  But, I have a serger, and thought that I might as well put it to use, since the construction of the pants was simple. 

But, I didn't want to do it twice. Plus, the second pair of pants that I received were returns that were not even packaged very well.