Honored Contributor

In checking my email w/status of my UPS delivery there was this notice all in caps.

"AN ADULT SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THIS DELIVERY. UPS WILL MAKE A SECOND ATTEMPT."

My order was capris & I paid w/a personal check.  Why does this UPS delivery need an "adult" signature???  Never required before. 

Per QVC instructions?

If UPS instructions, I will deal w/them. Smiley Sad

I live in a 55+ video secured community/highrise.  UPS is here every day & if the customer is not home, packages are left at your front door or inside the management office.  Management does not sign for packages.

Why is an adult signature needed?

Please move this posting if it is not in the right forum area.

SIDEBAR:  I was still asleep & didn't hear my door bell when UPS arrived early in the a.m..  UPS will try again tomorrow (5/18).  Will make sure I am up & awake - 8:30am. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: Is this new w/UPS or QVC???

The only thing I can think is if you have repeatedly told them you never received your packages in the past.  This would be a way for them to insure you are getting your packages. 

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

That was my first thought.  Except for the fact in the 3 years (brand new complex) I've lived here, no packages have been stolen.  Once you step outside your unit, you are on "candid camera" until you are 1/2 mile away from the building.  Also, each tenant can view the video on their tv (live streaming) 24/7/365 days a year.  If I had been up early in the morning, I would have seen the UPS man on TV as the survallance channel is what I watch while eating breakfast.

Smiley Very Happy

I live in the boonies.

Honored Contributor

That is really weird!  It's usually just with high ticket items, like maybe a high-ticket electronic item or a jewelry from the 18k line they have (I ordered from that line and needed to sign for parcel).

Maybe somebody just either hit the wrong button in the beginning or somebody scanned it in wrong.

If you live in an apartment building, or something like that, they could also require signatures especially if there have been theft problems around the building (not necessarily at your door).

That's all I can think of.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh well, if I do not get a response from CR in this thread, will discuss the matter w/the UPS driver when he gets here tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac,  I've seen it before with a number of different companies (not just QVC) and sometimes it seems random.  

I signed up with the free version of UPS My Choice, so I receive email alerts when packages are sent and delivered (and all the activity when they're in transit).   Text alerts are available, too.  

Any shipment requiring a signature gives a heads up about this in the email, prior to delivery, and allows me to sign online if I choose.    Here's a link to the service, for anyone interested:

https://wwwapps.ups.com/mcdp?loc=en_US

(I recommend these 2, as well, for similar reasons: FedEx Delivery Manager® -- http://www.fedex.com/us/delivery/

and  My USPS™    https://my.usps.com/mobileWeb/pages/intro/start.action)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Is it possible that the management office will no longer accept packages for residents?  There was a story on the news several months ago that stated that, because of the large volume of packages arriving with no place to store them, some community or rental offices have discontinued the service of accepting packages.  Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

TY Languages.png

Valued Contributor

I think it must be a new UPS policy because I've been getting such UPS email delivery notices on anything I order online from all vendors, not just QVC.  I simply log into my UPS online account and electronically sign for the package and specify where to leave the package even though my UPS drivers already know where to do so.  If it's something of value, then I'll either reschedule the delivery or wait for UPS to deliver and get my signature,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're welcome, @Mz iMac!Smiley   I've learned shipments can be unpredictable and I'd rather place as much advance notice -- and control -- in my hands rather than trying to anticipate or understand what the companies and carriers might do.    I find that the alerts from the UPS, FedEx, and U.S.P.S. are sent, in some cases, when I receive no notice from the merchant.   So, that's a bonus, too.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova