Occasional Contributor

Is this happening to anyone else?-Return Question

Recently I've sent in three items for return.  Two from Mac (seperate packages and orders) and one Denim & Co item. I received emails about receiving a refund and it was credited to my card, however the item on the order status page did not sure returned and all the easy pays were still showing due.  I called customer service and at first did not understand the question, she kept telling me the credit was issued already.  Finally she said she was referring the matter to the fianace dept.  About two weeks later the same thing happened on two Mac orders.  I recieved the email about the refund and it was credited but the order does not say "returned" on the order status page and the easy pays are still showing due.  I'm wondering if this is happening to other people and also as a message to pay attention.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Is this happening to anyone else?-Return Question

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure what Mac is (cosmetics?) but I never return different categories of items together.  I can see where they might get overlooked.

Contact the mods at qvcsocialteam@qvc.com including your order numbers for help sorting this out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@jenms40 wrote:

Recently I've sent in three items for return.  Two from Mac (seperate packages and orders) and one Denim & Co item. I received emails about receiving a refund and it was credited to my card, however the item on the order status page did not sure returned and all the easy pays were still showing due.  I called customer service and at first did not understand the question, she kept telling me the credit was issued already.  Finally she said she was referring the matter to the fianace dept.  About two weeks later the same thing happened on two Mac orders.  I recieved the email about the refund and it was credited but the order does not say "returned" on the order status page and the easy pays are still showing due.  I'm wondering if this is happening to other people and also as a message to pay attention.  

----

jenms40

Did you use the Easy Returns process? If so, I have found that my credit card notes amount credited quickly, but that any shipping I might owe and a notice on the order status page take a while to show up--I assume until my item actually arrives and is processed by QVC. If you did not use the Easy Returns process, then I have no explanation for you. Just ignore what I just wrote. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jenms40 wrote:

Did you choose how you wanted the item ???  As a refund to OP method or QVC credit.  If you don't choose they will just give it as a credit.

Respected Contributor

Just because the fast returns was able to credit your account does not necessarily mean that the item will show as a return immediately on the website.

Sometimes you have to wait until they actually open the package, check the item, and then put in back in to inventory before they upload the word "returned." This could take a few weeks.

Just make sure they do not charge you for any more easy pays!

By the way, if you send back any expensive items (jewelry), you will not necessarily receive fast credit return.

Trusted Contributor

@jenms40. yes it has happened several times to me with things I'ved returned..  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 MAC is a cosmetics company that my GD just loves!  I've had some fun going with her to shop and see what she likes.

Frequent Contributor

QVC return service is low cost Parcel Return through USPS handles by a company

Newgistics in partnership w/USPS for online Parcel Return Service. They are slow to pick up returns,  so the return can sit at the local USPS for several days, then they hold the returns until sufficient trailer weight is achieved then finally move returns to next facility in their distribution chain to last distribution center that in turn often contract local last mile truck companies.  Returns typically take 2-3 weeks or sometimes longer.  I believe QVC processes refunds once tracking indicates the package is moving through the system with the package likely not seeing QVC warehouse for several weeks.  That may explain why it shows a refund but the return in process.  The issue on EZ Pay...I think their system is outdated and not always up to date with accounting.  In fact in May iw as charged double EZ pays and it took QVC nearly two weeks to straighten it out and refund the double payments.  ****** like that causes real havoc with credit cards, interest charges and the like.

I left QVC seven years ago because of this kind of screw ups.  Life is simply too short to keep tracking records on small impulse buys.  I recently returned to purchase a new Bethlehem Lights Christmas Tree and see not much has changed.  I understand the Quarate Group has suffered revenue declines for hte past several years...they own QVC, HSN, Zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Improvements.  Maybe too much growth, too fast in a declining economy? 

I'll finish up the few items for Christmas and then likely fade off into the distance again...

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes,  it seems like they've been in chronic catch-up mode for some reason. When I call in a return, I'm refunded within a few days if using my Visa. Otherwise, it usually shows up on my next Q statement. However, a couple days ago I received an e-mail that an item I shipped back 2 months ago was just received and a credit is pending. Noooo...I got the credit about 1 1/2 months ago and the item posted as "returned" on my order status for that long as well. Still can't figure that one out. Seems like they have people actually back-tracking the process on accounts to make sure all the "T"s are crossed. (like..shoot! That e-mail was never sent" kinda thing) Maybe???

@jenms40 that happens frequently. As another suggested, just watch your statements. It will eventually show as a returned.