Is there a way to have QVC block a credit card

My mom keeps over spending on QVC. She uses her debit card because three years ago we cancelled her QVC card. Then last year we cancelled her QVC account and paid off her account. Then a few months later she opened the account again using the same debt card.

She uses easy pay so for months she keeps getting charges for 5 bucks but they overdraft 35 bucks each on her account because she's always in the red. Does anyone know if QVC will block a credit card? I've already blocked the channel on her TV, but she has someone unblock it. I just paid off her bill ($271)

Thanks

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Is there a way to have QVC block a credit card

I'll keep my answer simple and to the point...NOPE

Honored Contributor

@rentfn    This is an issue I'd discuss with QVC's finance department.  I'm sure your family is not the only one to face this issue.  It would probably depend on someone in the family having Power of Attorney over her affairs. 

Perhaps the mods at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com could tell you who to contact. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@rentfn No. QVC cannot legally do that. Your mom need some professional help, and I'm not being snarky about that.

Honored Contributor

@rentfn I assume that this isn't the only financial issue your mom has.  If so, you need to talk first to an attorney, then probably to her doctor and I would expect get someone else in charge of her finances. 

I feel sorry for you.  You must be worried to pieces.  It is a bad situation for you and for your mom.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner Very well said. 

Honored Contributor

@rentfn wrote:

I've already blocked the channel on her TV, but she has someone unblock it.

@rentfn  With most cable companies you need a password to block & unblock channels/stations.  Are you sharing the password w/family members?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@rentfn No. QVC cannot legally do that. Your mom need some professional help, and I'm not being snarky about that.

@Love my grandkids    It sounds as though she might be suffering from dementia, in which case the professional help might most appropriately be legal, not medical.  I'm assuming you had medical help in mind. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@rentfn This is a difficult stage in your mom's life. I agree she needs a medical intervention with you and others present. She should not see the doctor alone. Her physician needs to be told in front of her and everyone else what she has done.  A diagnosis can then determine your next step in the process. It sounds like you may need a medical and a general power of attorney.

Doctors expect a senior citizen to be accompanied for appointments. In fact, when I had my records sent so I could give them to my new doctor, one appointment was flagged that I had attended alone.

Trusted Contributor

If you don't pay her QVC account, won't they close her account due to non-payment?  I know it would be expensive because of the overdraft charges, but less expensive than if she keeps ordering.