Frequent Contributor

Is S&H more when sending back than when shipping out?

I just noticed a pending charge from QVC on my VISA account for $6.95.  This coincides with an email saying they received leggings I sent back 7 weeks ago.  Could this be the S&H for that return?  I could have driven the stuff back for less, and a lot faster too.

Regular Contributor

Re: Is S&H more when sending back than when shipping out?

I think that the return shipping should be the amount that QVC charges the customers for shipping the item out.  In the case of clothing, most shipping is $3.50, yet to return the item it is around $6.95.  Doesn't QVC make enough of a profit margin on the items they sell?  Why make more money off the return shipping of items.  Doesn't seem fair. And is not good customer service.

Honored Contributor

$6.95 is a common QVC return label amount for smaller/lighter items.

Honored Contributor

@retiredatlast 

You're so right, but the 'easy return shipping' is a real moneymaker for QVC.

I NEVER use it, besides taking forever to get your credit, plus not being able to track it, I just pay my own way.

I get $50 free insurance, guaranteed 3 day delivery (priority mail) and can track it along the way.

Once I see that QVC received it, a week later I call CS, provide the tracking # that proves it was delivered to QVC, request my refund and am given it.

End of the 'return game'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

This is what it says on the Help Center:

"How much does it cost to use the Q Return Label?

Q Return Label fees are deducted from your refund and are based on the original weight of your item in its original packaging. Q Return Label costs are subject to change at any time, without prior notification. Restrictions and limitations may apply.

0 to 5 lbs: $6.95

5.01 to 10 lbs: $8.95

10.01 to 150 lbs: $10.95"

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

That still doesn't address the issue of why it can ship TO you for $3.50, $5.50 etc., but the RETURN shipping costs so much more?

Answer: it's a moneymaker for QVC.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

QVC should charge the same amount to return things that they did to send it. If it costs $3.50 to send it why charge $6.95 to return it? That be good customer service and makes sense.

Honored Contributor

@janesilver.  Just try shipping with insurance almost anything back to QVC for less than $6.95.  Cost me over $6.00 to send an ordinary ring back to HSN.  Even parcel post at USPS has gotten ridiculously expensive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The Q most likely gets a break on their shipping rates b/c of bulk and that would be a savings for their customers. But that wouldn't apply to their return shipping rates.

@KingstonsMom 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@retiredatlast 

You're so right, but the 'easy return shipping' is a real moneymaker for QVC.

I NEVER use it, besides taking forever to get your credit, plus not being able to track it, I just pay my own way.

I get $50 free insurance, guaranteed 3 day delivery (priority mail) and can track it along the way.

Once I see that QVC received it, a week later I call CS, provide the tracking # that proves it was delivered to QVC, request my refund and am given it.

End of the 'return game'.

I guess I must buy a lot of big, heavy, and/or expensive stuff from QVC then, because I rarely can pay for a return myself for less than the Q's return label.  Normally the basic shipping price is more than that, not counting the insurance for over $50.

I suppose that once in a while QVC makes out with one of my returns using their label, but usually, it's cheaper for me to use theirs than pay myself.