Honored Contributor

Is QVC sharing our email addresses?????

Is QVC sharing our email addresses?????

From time to time QVC invites customers to help us test our website and/or apps.  We would like you to join us for a 45-minute online research study using your laptop or desktop computer.  After completing the study, you will be compensated $75 in QVC credit for your time.  

Please note that, in order to participate, you'll need to download a small app from online meeting provider Zoom (view their privacy policy here) and share your screen with our researcher. You can delete the app once the session is complete.

Respected Contributor

Re: Is QVC sharing our email addresses?????

Sharing with whom? This just sounds like a standard zoom meeting to me.

Honored Contributor

I do not participate in any "surveys".    They are all THIRD-PARTY "researchers" trying to collect your personal information.   (Then, they sell it.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

@ALRATIBAAre you conducting this survey or is it found somewhere else?

Honored Contributor

Sometimes a survey is just a survey. 

Honored Contributor

Marketing companies have all kinds of "devious" ways to get people on their mailing list......    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I do not participate in any "surveys".    They are all THIRD-PARTY "researchers" trying to collect your personal information.   (Then, they sell it.)

This poster nailed it.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   I do not do surveys or reviews if money is offered and I have to supply personal information.  Almost always the privacy policy shows it's not the company I deal with actually doing the survey.

maybe that other company is trustworthy, but I just limit exposure where I can easily do so.

Honored Contributor

That sounds very sketchy...

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA - I received a QVC survey invitation exactly like this one in the past. Unless you choose to participate, nobody has your email address except QVC. And even if you do participate, in cases like this one where it is a sponsored survey, the survey provider typically has a contract that prohibits it from doing anything with your information except compiling aggregate results and returning them to the sponsor (QVC).