Honored Contributor

Re: Is QVC sharing our email addresses?????

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I do not participate in any "surveys".    They are all THIRD-PARTY "researchers" trying to collect your personal information.   (Then, they sell it.)

Why would they pay you $75.00 to do the survey when there are ways they can steal the information for free? @Desertdi 

@gertrudecloset     Marketing is a BILLION dollar business.    The better the "mailing list"........the more money they get for it.

@Desertdi Never looked at it that way.  Makes perfect sense to me.  I do know that what I did back in the 90's was legitimate.  About 20 people total took about 2 hours; walked out of there with cash $$$.  Things are so different nowadays though.

@gertrudecloset    Just think about all those little plastic "store cards" you swipe when you buy groceries.   "They" even know what you EAT...(and you signed up voluntarily.)     Yup, I use them.....to "get the discount".    Nasty business.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I do not participate in any "surveys".    They are all THIRD-PARTY "researchers" trying to collect your personal information.   (Then, they sell it.)

Why would they pay you $75.00 to do the survey when there are ways they can steal the information for free? @Desertdi 

@gertrudecloset     Marketing is a BILLION dollar business.    The better the "mailing list"........the more money they get for it.

@Desertdi Never looked at it that way.  Makes perfect sense to me.  I do know that what I did back in the 90's was legitimate.  About 20 people total took about 2 hours; walked out of there with cash $$$.  Things are so different nowadays though.

@gertrudecloset    Just think about all those little plastic "store cards" you swipe when you buy groceries.   "They" even know what you EAT...(and you signed up voluntarily.)     Yup, I use them.....to "get the discount".    Nasty business.

Yes, with the sensors in their browsers and smart tvs and such.  It's weird how you can get and advertisement for something you just "thinking about to yourself."  AI.  It's all designed to help us part with our money @Desertdi !!!  LOL about "eating."

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

They do share. It's covered in the Privacy Statement.

https://www.qvc.com/content/information/privacy-statement.html

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA,  if you are unsure if the survey is legitimate ask a mod to check it out for you.  I recall that the mods have verified if Q has commissioned a survey when posters were in doubt.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp 

I've already reported it as phishing.  It came in my junk mail - but it had my full name ... 

Honored Contributor

Just to be clear, I'm not a fan of companies selling my information.  However, if you  think "surveys" are the only way your information is mined need to think again.

If you have a bank account, credit cards, store charge cards, auto insurance, cell phones, are on any social media and magazine/news sites or have a presence anywhere on the internet, they know a LOT more about you than your realize.  

I'm pretty good about controlling my information, but let's not forget about that magic word at the bottom of most emails:  UNSUBSCRIBE.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

I get that. This instance specifically mentions QVC.
Esteemed Contributor

I would think that somewhere in the verbiage they mention sharing with "partners".  And there could be a breach.

I keep separate email addresses.

Honored Contributor

I've noticed people at Walmart and Kohl's are falling all over themselves trying to get me to do something or other.  Sometimes I just have to check, not order anything.  Check the address at the top, its gobbledegook, not the store name at all.  I just ignore this nowdays. 

Honored Contributor

No thanks.  I am also leery of certain sweepstakes the Q offers.  All of a sudden your phone starts ringing, you receive emails by the dozens, NO THANKS.  Usually it is diclosed at the beginning that they do not share information and if you don't see that right away, you can bet your info. is going everywhere.

kindness is strength