Super Contributor

Is QVC being dishonest with delaying our orders?

I ordered two sale/blow out items on Nov 7th, also one new item.  I received the new item today, however the sale items said estimated time for shipment was 11/18.  Tonight I received 3 emails saying my order is delayed?  I looked on line and one item is no longer in stock, but was when I ordered it.  Are they trying to sell the same item to many people, then realizing they don't have stock?  I emailed them as they suggested, but I don't want to be scammed and lose money because of dishonest sales.  I haven't shopped with QVC since last year so I don't know what has changed, but I use to get my items fairly quickly. Is QVC still an honest company?  Thank you

Honored Contributor

Re: Is QVC being dishonest with delaying our orders?

I doubt you'll be charged for an item that never ships.

Honored Contributor

Well, I don't think they're as forthcoming as they could be. I rarely buy from them anymore. 

Regular Contributor

I haven't seen expedited shipping yet. I had a Martha Stewart sweater that just shipped after being in processing for 5 days. I also am livid over an item stating that you can waitlist and then it doesn't allow you to waitlist. Now up above it says sold out! Why then does it say you can waitlist and specifically asks you if you want to place a waitlist order? So frustrating! 

Honored Contributor

I'm not following how you have been scammed. I think if I thought the Q was a dishonest company that scammed shoppers, I'd shop elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@angel8 wrote:

I haven't seen expedited shipping yet. I had a Martha Stewart sweater that just shipped after being in processing for 5 days. I also am livid over an item stating that you can waitlist and then it doesn't allow you to waitlist. Now up above it says sold out! Why then does it say you can waitlist and specifically asks you if you want to place a waitlist order? So frustrating! 

Sounds like the waitlist sold out.  Waitlist is for a set amount.

Honored Contributor

Some seem to look at everything with negativity and a seemingly paranoid attitude.  The blowout was because of the new warehouse so moving old stock wouldn't be needed so it makes sense that there could be delays because of it.  Of course item no longer in stock because all were sold and waiting for delayed shipping.  QVC does not charge anyone until the item actually ships so no scam.  

Esteemed Contributor

No...I don't think they are doing this on purpose......I just think moving to the new wharehouse was more than they planned for.....

I compare it to remodeling a room in your house....always takes longer than you expected and problems come up during the process...

Valued Contributor

I read your post and I believe you comments that you felt scammed!!  It is unfortunate that "some" always support qvc no matter what, when clearly their business practices are on vacation.  Two weeks ago a TSV for lock and lock, david venable stated at 8 pm there were 10,000 canisters left, I ordered at that time, I and millions of americans woke up the next morning and saw advanced order.  People were blogging and post as to what was going on CS had no clue.  I ordered these because I provide homemade cookies this week.  I ordered two.  No explanation. I can see mistaking the amount by 1000 0r 2000, but 10,000?  Nope!  I found items nicer at Michaels and tried to cancel my order, couldn't because it was still in process so I had had CS note the computer that when they arrived they would be sent back and qvc would refund all my shipping.  Guess what, they are on horseback from none other than Ontario, California, and I live in South Florida, slow boat and slow pony from china, and they they are still on a truck somehwere. Pitiful.  I hear your pain and totally agree with you NO, I REPEAT NO EXCUSES FOR THOSE THAT GIVE THEY MOVED TO A NEW WAREHOUSE, A BIG CORPORATION LIKE THIS IT SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM, BUT APPARENTLY THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN GOING ON EVEN BEFORE THE NEW WAREHOUSE WAS IN IT'S PLANNING STAGES

Valued Contributor

and how do you know the "blowout" was because the move to the new warehouse?