Valued Contributor

I put an item in my shopping cart, and received a message that it is an invalid item.  What does this mean?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I've gotten that message when the item isn't avaialble. It seems like it's available by the listing, though - maybe it's in  someone else's cart? It happens with LTS items often!

Valued Contributor

@Carol08 wrote:

I put an item in my shopping cart, and received a message that it is an invalid item.  What does this mean?

@H @Carol08,

Sorry to hear that's happening, it sounds like you may be experiencing a technical difficulty. I'll pass it along to our team in IT. In the meantime, you can always place your order by phone at 888-345-5788. Our apologies again! 

Brittany 

Honored Contributor

I get that 'invalid item' when the item is sold out but still listed as available.  I always check again and the computer has removed the item's availibility after I tried to order. 

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I get that 'invalid item' when the item is sold out but still listed as available.  I always check again and the computer has removed the item's availibility after I tried to order. 

I've had that happen a number of times too. Especially when quantity of an item is limited and it's selling quickly, like on most LOGO shows.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Yes, that happens to me, too.

One thing to keep in mind  - QVC is kind and considers an item 'sold' when it is in someone's cart, not at checkout. (Unlike the southern H channel's system, which will yoink an item from your cart while you shop because it doesn't consider it sold until checkout.) You are allowed to keep an item in your cart as long as your cart does not go inactive for more than an hour.

I say this because I've gone back an hour later and found the item I wanted available again because someone changed her or his mind and removed it or did not check out within the hour and it was automatically removed and replaced back in the active inventory.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's happened to me a number of times and it's always meant the item was sold out.  It's not the right message to display though, so it's just as well the moderator is going to report it.

I just had it happen with the 14K gold hoop earring that's a LTS.  The white gold was still available, but I didn't want that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Invalid Item

[ Edited ]

@Brittany-QVC wrote:

@Carol08 wrote:

@H @Carol08,

Sorry to hear that's happening, it sounds like you may be experiencing a technical difficulty. I'll pass it along to our team in IT. In the meantime, you can always place your order by phone at 888-345-5788. Our apologies again! 

Brittany 

@Brittany-QVC - What they need to change is the message that's displayed back to "Sold Out", because that's what it means.  I don't think phoning would help in this instance.

Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Brittany-QVC wrote:

@Carol08 wrote:

@H @Carol08,

Brittany 

@Brittany-QVC - What they need to change is the message that's displayed back to "Sold Out", because that's what it means.  I don't think phoning would help in this instance.

@Venezia Yes, I believe you may be correct. It sounds like the item was sold out and that it may have created a system error. Our apologies again @Carol08. Hopefully this is something that our team in IT can look into resolving so as not to cause confusion. 

Brittany