Trusted Contributor
Item A370010 was presented a few days ago at the introductory price at $57.60. I went to purchase it today and it has gone up to the regular price. The dress was not presented again so apparently there was no warning that introductory price was going away. Is this a new policy? In the past, the host would always state that the introductory price would go away after the show or that day. Very disappointed.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Introductory price change

This past weekend, there was the Fall Preseason Sale, it was said over and over that these were special prices and would go up soon. If your item was included in these, that's what happened.

Honored Contributor

There was a lot of introductory prices this past weekend with the new fall fashions.  Each host repeated it several times, price would go up at the end of the day.

You need to buy then or forever hold your peace.  I have not bought at the intro price and was sorry later.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

I didn't watch the Fall Fashion shows. I was specifically interested in this dress, So just pulled up the video to watch. Nothing was ever mentioned about the price going up
Honored Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 

In the case of a 'One Day Only' price they announce that the price goes away at the end of the day, but I've never heard them announce when an 'introductory price' goes away and I've shopped here for 24+ years.

Sorry that you missed the lower price, it's happened to me too, while I was deciding if I wanted the item.

Sometimes the introductory price remains the same for a couple of days, but sometimes not.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Imaoldhippie. Well now I have learned my lesson. I just think that it should be noted somewhere on the price that it will end that day or whenever.
Trusted Contributor

IG, I've been watching QVC for years and have always heard the host say " this is the last day at the introductory price "
Oh well, next time I wont hesitate 😊
Frequent Contributor

I watched the preseason sale all the way through.  They DID say over and over that the prices would go up.....Don't know how anyone could have missed it.  The hosts did repeatedly so. :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 - I agree with you and think the validity timeframe for prices should be better documented on the website. But the strange thing is that those details actually are available, but for some reason, the way the item listings on the site are structured does not give such details a place to be permanently posted.

For example, if I click the link below on my PC and specifically focus on the price area of the listing as it is loading, I can briefly see the note "Good until August 7, 2019 2:59 a.m. ET" but once the page has fully loaded, that note is no longer there:

https://www.qvc.com/Plow-%26-Hearth-Metal-Standing-Pumpkin-Garden-Decor.product.M62440.html?sc=PRODF...

My best guess about the reasoning for this is that the Q's IT team did not leave a spot for this information when the website was "upgraded" in recent months.

Trusted Contributor

Loriqvc, That's very interesting that you can see the expiration date of the price as it is loading! Yes, you are probably right about the Q's IT people Not accommodating for the price change information. Oh well, I'll know better next time!