Regular Contributor

Inquiry on product H223729 and price increase?

I am sorry to post this here, but I could not find an email address to send my question. I noticed a price increase on product H223729 but it doesn't seem as if new products have been added to the inventory. Since this is older inventory, what is the reason for the increase in price?  I really like the product and would like to see new designs and I could understand if new inventory is brought in at a higher price.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Inquiry on product H223729 and price increase?

Well, I asked the same question last week and got barraged with answers from "all the prices on everything have gone up", etc. I agree with you. Items that have been in the inventory for a year, should be kept at the same price. That is what is keeping me from buying a coat that I had on my wish list. And has gone up five dollars. I'm not saying the prices haven't gone up, they have. What I'm saying is, like you, why have the prices gone up on older items when they've been just sitting in the stockroom? That's a perfectly legitimate question.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately they don't need a 'reason', price increases are at their discretion.

Many items in my wish list have recently increased in price.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Lately QVC has adopted so many different pricing strategies it's hard to tell what it will be.  "Regular, introductory, clearance, blow-out clearance, special, one time only, one day only, and on and on..."

Like Amazon.  I looked at a product that said there was only one left in stock.  I needed it, so I ordered it right then.  Five minutes later I happened to check the same product and not only were there plenty in stock, it was now $5 cheaper.

🤷‍♀️

Respected Contributor

@nascarfan wrote:

I am sorry to post this here, but I could not find an email address to send my question. I noticed a price increase on product H223729 but it doesn't seem as if new products have been added to the inventory. Since this is older inventory, what is the reason for the increase in price?  I really like the product and would like to see new designs and I could understand if new inventory is brought in at a higher price.   

unfortunutely prices on everything are higher...and keep rising.  Anything and everything from airline tickets, rental cars, groceries, furniture, clothing...the list goes on and on.  Is it still manufacturer issues?  Is it still the pandemic? I've wanted a new sofa for some time now.  Watching it on line, waiting and waiting for a sale.  Then, it just goes up $400.  Luckily I was working with a sales lady and we ended up buying it that day but she gave us the sale price it used to be.  I just had a major painting job done in the house.  The painting company said there is a painting shortage and has to go to several Sherwin Williams (even an hour away) to get all the paint that was needed.  Everytime I go to the grocery store I feel lke I coming out with less and less and paying more.  I'm usually stocking up on back to school clothes for my daughter by now because in the past there have been great sales on summer items.  Not this year.  No good deals to be found, in fact a place where she likes to shop, shorts went up almost $10!  I sure hope that things level out and prices come down and that this is not used as a forever excuse.

Respected Contributor

I have even noticed some eBay jewelry vendors increasing item prices when the current purchase time has expired.  I don't remember seeing that happen before.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

@nascarfan wrote:

You're not likely going to get an accurate answer for this question.  It's more of the same.  People are talking about the prices of everything else going up, but you didn't ask about that.  You asked about a product on the Q. @nascarfan .

I choose carefully what to buy (want vs need) nowadays....I recommend you do likewise if costs matter to you.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@Effie54    Have you considered increases in costs on things other than the merchandise?  For instance, the cost of shipping supplies, transportation to get it to you plus labor costs.  Everyone is having to pay employees more to get them and keep them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54    Have you considered increases in costs on things other than the merchandise?  For instance, the cost of shipping supplies, transportation to get it to you plus labor costs.  Everyone is having to pay employees more to get them and keep them.

I have Kachina. What I'm talking about is older merchandise. Not new clothing, home goods, makeup, etc.....but older items that have been in stock for eons, that should be on clearance, or on sale.