Contributor

Incorrect California sales tax charged on Tracfone TSV - please help!

My mother ordered the Tracfone TSV this morning and when she told me her total was $112+, I asked her if she had requested expedited shipping, as her order shouldn't have been more than $100. She said she hadn't, so I advised her to call customer service to straighten it out. I know that CA sales tax is high, but it's not 20%+!! Well, customer service really couldn't help, but said they would "expedite" this issue to another department. I then advised her to cancel the order and reorder. She cancelled the order (I believe she spoke with someone), but then received an email saying the order couldn't be cancelled. Please help!!! Thank you!!

QVC Customer Care

Re: Incorrect California sales tax charged on Tracfone TSV - please help!

@itsmeagainagain wrote:

My mother ordered the Tracfone TSV this morning and when she told me her total was $112+, I asked her if she had requested expedited shipping, as her order shouldn't have been more than $100. She said she hadn't, so I advised her to call customer service to straighten it out. I know that CA sales tax is high, but it's not 20%+!! Well, customer service really couldn't help, but said they would "expedite" this issue to another department. I then advised her to cancel the order and reorder. She cancelled the order (I believe she spoke with someone), but then received an email saying the order couldn't be cancelled. Please help!!! Thank you!!

Hi @itsmeagainagain - we would be happy to check on this, please have your mother email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with the order information. Thank you, Kim, Cusotmer Care

Regular Contributor

@itsmeagainagain    Sales tax rates vary from 7.75 to 10.25% depending on city in CA.  The state also charges an electronic recycling fee which could be approx $6.00 for a cell phone.   

Contributor

Thanks so much, Kim, for your prompt response! I've let my mother know how she can contact you. Yay QVC customer service!!