Respected Contributor

“Inability” to Cancel Order—Attn. Mods.

[ Edited ]

On Friday mid day i placed an order.  The next day, Saturday, roughly 24 hours later, i received information via this forum, a sneak peak etc I had not had when i placed the order.  So i tried to cancel.  Couldn’t online so i called CS.  Was told the same thing that it was in process, too late.  The CS rep did tell me that he put a note on that order that i would not be charged for the shipping if i returned it,  But Mods this is ridiculous in my book.  That order sat on Friday and through the weekend, and still sits, and yet it could not be cancelled.  Come on.  

QVC Customer Care

Re: “Inability” to Cancel Order—Attn. Mods.

@Shawnie wrote:

On Friday mid day i placed an order.  The next day, Saturday, roughly 24 hours later, i received information via this forum, a sneak peak etc I had not had when i placed the order.  So i tried to cancel.  Couldn’t online so i called CS.  Was told the same thing that it was in process, too late.  The CS rep did tell me that he put a note on that order that i would not be charged for the shipping if i returned it,  But Mods this is ridiculous in my book.  That order sat on Friday and through the weekend, and still sits, and yet it could not be cancelled.  Come on.  

@Shawnie I'm sorry that you were not able to cancel, its definitley an issue we are dealing with.  I cannot make any promises but I will see how I can help.

Susan 

Valued Contributor

An issue they are dealing with????? Really????? Hey QVC, we live in a world that dominates the world, you mean to tell us you can't get your IT company to push a buttom and remove the 'can't cancel", GIVE US A BREAK.  It never used to be that way.  Bad business, not only this issue but every aspect of QVC

Respected Contributor

I recently had a positive experience with cancelling a delayed order. It was in stock when I placed the order.

I was given the option to either wait and see if the item would become available again or cancel the order. I chose to cancel and there was no problem.

This is the first time this has happened to me.

Respected Contributor

Seems to me that the only time I can cancel an order anymore is if it is an advance order.  If it goes to processing then I am stuck.  I am therefore careful what I order.

Honored Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

An issue they are dealing with????? Really????? Hey QVC, we live in a world that dominates the world, you mean to tell us you can't get your IT company to push a buttom and remove the 'can't cancel", GIVE US A BREAK.  It never used to be that way.  Bad business, not only this issue but every aspect of QVC

there is another company that ships within 2 days, and I can cancel an order within a few hours of shipping

so it's certainly could be possible for Q to figure out how to cancel when they take 4 days to ship 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

It's been that way for a long time.  I'm glad they're planning on changing it.  Other places I order from are the same way, but they ship much quicker than QVC.  Loft and J. Crew are two that I'm thinking you can't cancel immediately after placing the order either.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I can understand how cancellations would create chaos in a big warehouse operation, especially since my orders have recently shipped in 2-3 days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Sorry, no. When shipped means we picked it and will get it to the shipping company in 2 or 3 days, we should be able to cancel up until the order is pulled. I have noticed that shipping is not as absurd as it was, but until something is in the shipper’s possession, I should be a to cancel.

i ordered something the other day that never showed as an advanced order until after I placed my order and checked the status. It still doesn’t show as an advanced order item. QVC really needs to get its act together.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can understand how cancellations would create chaos in a big warehouse operation, especially since my orders have recently shipped in 2-3 days.

You are lucky.  This order is still in process, which means the billing label for the shipper hasn’t even been generated.  I bet the item hasnt even been pulled for that matter,