Respected Contributor

In Process Orders - with Express Delivery

[ Edited ]

i ordered 2 Michael Dawkins items last Wednesday, 9/12, to be sent by Express Delivery to arrive here on 9/17. no action 9/13, no action 9/14 and i became alarmed. tried to cancel orders because they wouldn't arrive in time. nope - in process of shipping.  9/15 no action, 9/16 no action - wrote CS - nope can't cancel because about to be shipped out with arrival of 9/20.  this a.m. 9/17 no action.

this is express delivery???  now i have drudgery of having to turn these packages around and track them to make sure complete refunds issued -  

something isn't working, QVC.  

UPDATE:  i have just been notified of a refund for one of express delivery charges which helps and should be mentioned.   

Trusted Contributor

Re: In Process Orders - with Express Delivery

[ Edited ]

Hi.  I understand how frustrating that can be!  When I use express delivery it usually arrives UPS.  Did you get a tracking number?  You can use that number for tracking directly at ups.com.  Also,I had an experience that if the item is being shipped directly from the vendor there is no info offered.  Hang in there - I have a feeling you will get the items. I am glad you got refunded the express shipping charges.

Respected Contributor

@nova  thanks.  the problem is orders were placed last Wednesday - to be delivered today because needed tomorrow.  items still haven't been shipped - so there is no tracking no because no shipments are en route yet.  i have made other arrangements in the meantime - and orders will go back or may be refused when actually get here.  

Respected Contributor

I got curious, so I went to look at what the explanation of Q's express delivery is.  It said that order "may" be delivered in two business days.  So as you said that should be today.  But something is really failing with their system when you can't see any movement or a tracking number isn't assigned immediately and you are paying for express delivery.

Q had been around along enough that they should have their system perfected and to me it shouldn't matter where it is being shipped out from.  If it is coming from a vendor, then when placing an order customer should be alerted of potential longer ship time.

Trusted Contributor

Ugh - what a waste of your time (and money) since you had to scramble to make different arrangements.  This is when the Q should offer you something extra besides just the refund - like a 25% coupon to use as a gesture of good faith.  I used to work for a large jewelry store and they would bend over backwards to keep clients happy when a mistake was made on their end.

QVC Customer Care

@ms traditional I apologize for the delay in shipping your order. It looks like our warehouse in South Carolina will be sending your items and unfortunately because of the storm, the order will be delayed a few days. We'd be happy to keep an eye on your order and update you with any shipping changes if you'd like.  Cindy

Respected Contributor

@Cindy-QVC   thank you.