Frequent Contributor

Why can't QVC list on their items exactly where their clothing, accessories and other products are made?  It always says "Imported"... Imported from where?  I get the feeling they don't want us to know on purpose.  Each garment etc is supposed to list where it is made, as well as the fabric content.

Valued Contributor

Most of the time it will be imported from China, I would say.

Respected Contributor

My guess it that they use as much standard language as they can in the descriptions and  therefore use "imported" instead of having to list each location.    Standardizing written information is done a lot and they probably have a template for the descriptions that have sections to fill in with specific information.  

I think it would be good if the hosts gave the information on the tag instead of talking about where we can wear an item.  More purposeful chatter.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm asking this sincerely.....Why does it matter where it's imported from? I get that some people only want to buy American made products, but if it's imported, it's imported. Do some folks have a list of countries they will buy products made in and another list that they will not? Just curious here.....

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is not legally required to state this on their website.  The actual item will have the information.

Don't like it?  Contact your senators.  A bill failed last year.

Esteemed Contributor

An educated guess for one reason would be an order is placed for X number of items broken down to colors, sizes, etc.

When the product arrives each size, color, etc. could have been manufactured in different countries.  Image the nightmare it would be to have to list item #____ in red, xs was manufactured in China; in blue med was manufactured in India; in white lg was manufactured in Vietnam, on and on.  The single word imported covers their legal disclosure.  Each individual item will have the country of origin.

Over the last several years many companies have spread their manufacturing process over several countries in place of a single factory in one location.

I have received clothing of the same style, size and composition but different colors that were manufactured in different countries and often with different fabric textures even though the composition is the same.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Hoping for the best.  Would it make you happy to know that the fabric was made in X, the buttons made in Y, it was cut out in Z, assembled and sewn in W?  Most QVC clothing is not now made in China.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I'm asking this sincerely.....Why does it matter where it's imported from? I get that some people only want to buy American made products, but if it's imported, it's imported. Do some folks have a list of countries they will buy products made in and another list that they will not? Just curious here.....

While I am not speaking for the OP, but just generally speaking, things are thought of in a different way from various countries.  If someone has something say, imported from Italy or France (jewelry, wine, cheese, sportscars, etc), it usually is thought of on a higher level than say some poorer type country.  Right or wrong, that is how some things are looked at.  At least from what I can tell.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Frequent Contributor

When it comes to clothing, it tells me a good bit about the fit to know where it comes from: clothing in China will run short-waisted and skimpy in my experience; India? Generous in the body, but arms will be skimpier. Mexico and Nicaragua run larger in the body. These are just some differences I have experienced throughout my life (and no, I didn't make a "study" of it, but I do take note when I see certain characteristics over and over and over again.) It matters to many.